i am jobless and really suffer around people any advice ?

JamieD

Exact same boat, i'll keep an eye on this thread. I know i need to get better around people before getting a job, actually being around people takes it out of me, trying to think what to talk about, etc.. constant mental brick wall with me. I've started going out for a coffee every morning to try and adjust myself to the presence of people. It's slow, it feels like it's doing nothing, especially when comparing myself to 'normal' people of my age, i see how far behind i am, like another world in-fact. But i know you shouldn't think like that anyway, it doesn't do any good. Anyway.. yea :p That's not really an answer, but hey.

Daz

I was in the same boat until last week when i got a job after 5 months out of work. Everyone around me was getting on to me about getting a job and to stop being a bum. I'm still depressed and I don't like what I'm doing, but I will need to stick at it for a while at least.

I don't believe in wasting my life away, working 8-5 everyday in exchange for some pennies, so I hope to get out of it before the end of the year and try to make a living online somehow.

Not that I wouldn't be wasting my life away if I didn't have a job. I just don't have the energy to work. I always manage to pull through though.

I know how hard it is but try to find work. I've had so many people say this to me and at the time, I thought to myself, I can't.

Go for it. Even a nightshift job, stacking shelves in a supermarket. Boring job but no one will bother you.

Hope you find the courage to look for work.

JamesSmith

I'm in the exact same situation, unemployed and suffer around people. I've been unemployed for about 6-7 months after getting laid off from previous job of being a custodian. I had it made, and then....didn't. I'd do what I've been doing, first turn in applications at places with the least social interaction first, and then keep turning in apps at other places if the first ones fail. Whatever you do, don't give up if you want a job. If you live at the parents house like me, it's easy to give up. My dream is to just have a job that I can work and independently have my own apartment. It's funny because when i was child I never thought I'd be in this situation of unemployment for these long periods of time. It turns out getting a job is very difficult, and holding on to a job is even harder. Remember, never give up. Just when it seems like you've failed, some employer can call you out of the blue offering a job. This has happened to me before.

Same here. I enjoyed my previous job, but my boss was an absolute pill, so I quit thinking I would find a job somewhere else rather quickly. That was 4 months ago. I'm plenty qualified for most non-specialized jobs, but I'm just kinda stingy and want a job that I can see myself holding on to for a while. But the more time passes, the more desperate I am getting. I don't want to work fast food or retail again because there are too many people and I'm not ready for that yet. But I'm also bored out of my mind and want to get out there and work.