I am having another bad day. of course.

Isolated_Writer

I'm really sorry if anyone doesn't want to hear me complain, But oh golly! Gee damn! I'm having a bad day.

To give you some context, I'm taking an advanced course at school and am just barely passing. The teacher is a real jerk who doesn't want people to pass so if you want a decent grade you have to argue to convince him to change it. I REALLY didn't want to talk to him for obvious reasons but I had to if I wanted to do well. So I wrote out what I was going to say to him and brought my mom for moral support.

Anyway, I start talking to him and every point I make he shuts me down, tells me I'm wrong. He's laughing and smiling the whole time. I'm sweating like crazy and stammering. He basically told me that there was no way I would pass the class. At this point I excused myself because I was crying and couldn't breath. My face was hot and I know I was blushing really profusely.

Part of the reason I have a mediocre grade is because I was out of town for a week for my grandmother's funeral. Yeah, because I had control over that

To make matters worse, I'm basically a cripple. I've re-injured my leg and am on crutches again and was in (and am in) a lot of pain, which didn't help when I was trying to talk to him. I was so angry that I threw and broke my crutch. :kickingmyself:

Now that my mom had seen that he's a jerk and that I'm right, she's making me schedule a meeting with him and the principal to fix my grade which is NOT going to happen. One because he is a stubborn ass whole won't change anything. Two, because I CANNOT talk to him again, like I physically cannot.

Gah. It is so madding. Sorry for putting you threw that but I had to get it out.

ImNotMyIllness

Sorry to hear that! He should make some sort of accommodation, like extra credit. Some of your circumstances was truly out of yourcontrol.
He definitely sounds like a jerk.

jaim38

Sorry you had to go through this. Some teachers are very strict to the T. If you have emergencies, you must tell them beforehand otherwise they won't let you skip tests, quizzes, etc. Last summer I had a teacher who put me through h*ll for a few days. Luckily, I was able to pass his class because I did so well on the tests. He also gave me a chance to submit an assignment.

Is it possible for you to drop this class? Dropping is better than failing.

Isolated_Writer

Thanks you guys. The frustrating part is I did tell him that I would be gone and I did the assignments he told me to but he changed some pretty key points which I couldn't have known about at that point and that resulted in me loosing a lot of points. Unfortunately, I cannot drop the class and will probably get stuck with him again. I think I'll try to talk to him about the possibility of extra credit.