I am completely cured, please read this

LA-girl

it's hard to argue that a drug/herbal remedy can completely cure you from SA. we are not born into this world with anxiety but conditioned into this distorder through experiences and unhealthy beliefs about ourselves and life.
drugs can surely reduce the physical symptoms of anxiety but the symptoms are triggered by negative beliefs, the core of anxiety. you need to untangle the psychology that drives SA to be cured 'completely'. if your 'cured state' relies on constant supply of impermanent chemicals then you are not truely cured. drugs/remedies do create a healthier mindset though in which you can work on your problems more effectively.

Well said! I have to agree with you in this. However if you have worked with your mind, but still suffers a lot with the physical problems then I think different remedys or medications may in some cases be very effecient. :wink:

Danfalc

Banned
I_think_they_think said:
Danfalc said:
robo said:
I really don't care what anyone thinks,

Well if you dont care what anyone else thinks, you seem to be taking my opinion quite personaly.Im sorry if this sounds like a personal attack and maybe im getting synical,But its taken people years of intensive retraining of there thought patterns, and some poeple late in there lives are still trying to get over it,It might well of worked for you im not trying to say different, and if it helps other people get better, well great.But i say to anyone else who gets there hopes up about this, try it but dont get your hopes up, i dont think there are any quick fixes to social anxiety

Why are you trying to force you negative beliefs on other people?

If it scares you to get your hopes up, look away.

Maybe i was a little harsh on the guy... but im pretty sure im entitled to my opinion.Just because i have an opinion it doesnt mean im FORCING my beleifs on people.People think for themselves i cant force anything on anyone.And like i said if it does help people... great! it doesnt matter what i think then does it. :)

And as for the "if it scares you to get your hopes up look away"... :lol:
Ive had depressions since i was around 12... sp and agraphobia hit when i was 16/17 and ive had a pretty shit life.Im not looking for your sympathy.. but if i didnt have hope i would of killed myself by now.So please when you dont know me... dont try to analyse me thanks.

(edit) And Robo if your still around on these forums, i was way out of order with you at the start.I still disagree but thats just my opinion and i shouldnt have been so rude/agrresive in my post to you as your just as entitled to your own opinion.So i apolagise.

Yiddo81

Hey, i think there's been some pretty harsh comments made since Robo made his announce and i really don't understand why.

The main reason i joined this site was to try and find a way of getting rid of this sh'*t nasty disease and i expect thats the same for the majority of the members yet when someone kindly takes the time to explain how he got cured people start knocking him down - he didnt have to do it, he did it to try and help us.

If i ever beat SA i'm gonna spread it all over the site as thats exactly what i'd like other people to do to try and help me. :lol:

Danfalc

Banned
If that was aimed at me... why do you think i apolagised in my post? :)
And i still think im should be able to state my opinion without being told im trying to force my negative beleifs on people

nasdaq

Banned
colostrum

after reading this post i was elated coz the symptons described were exactly what i have---especially the eye contact problem. i have been clinically diagnozed with s.a.d. and have done cognitive behavior therapy and have been on every ssri there is out there; paxil, effexor, zoloft, prozac etc, etc. The only thing that has given me about 75% relief has been klonopin. but i still have my core problems---eye contact, talking to people etc. But with the help of klonpin i have been able to lead an almost normal life. so when i read the post about colostrum curing the authors eye contact problem --- i went out and bought the supplement ---i have been on it for about ten days now and have seen no improvement whatsoever. i am now getting frustrated --i will give it another week and then call it quits if i see no improvements.

mr21

What is with people?

Okay, I have been monitoring this discussion for a long time and finally decided to put my two cents in. I am getting pretty sick and tired of watching people tear apart Robo that is great that he is cured and that he found an herbal "cocktail" that helps him. I have been going the herbal route myself and havent tried his herbal cocktail yet, I havent found the magic bullet yet but believe it is out there. I am also seeing a therapist and am going to do some biofeedback and things like that.

I am also getting very tired of negative people in here not only tearing apart Robo but being all doom and gloom and negative. People can get cured, there have been studies that have shown as many as 90 percent of people with this and other anxiety disorders can be cured if it is handled right. Different people have different things that work for them, what might work for one person might not work for someone else. It is easy to get discouraged when something doesnt work like you want it to but you have to belief that you will get cured or at least get your symptoms reduced dramatically so you can live at least a mostly normal life.

I think most of the people in here that are negative are slaves to the pharmaceutical industry and are constantly negative and then pissed when they dont get any better. You are probably the type of people that try an herb once or twice and when it doesnt slap you in the face and calm you down like Xanax you get pissed because it doesnt work and give up. It takes time to build up in your system it wont happen overnight. I cant stand it though when someone sits here and says because they are comfortable having this disorder that that justifies them to go around and tell others they will never get better and never get cured is just wrong. Like I said a lot of people that say shit like that are CONSTANTLY negative and expect either an herb or a piece of shit pharmaceutical medication to do all the work without them having to change their thought process and then they wonder why their treatment doesnt work or not as well as they would like.

Well let me tell you while I dont like the pharmaceutical industry and believe they are hiding herbal cures, if that is what works for you is an anti-anxiety drug or anti-depressant drug I say fine, go for it, stay on it, whatever works. They havent worked for me. Anti-anxiety drugs were alright but are addictive. Anti-depressants were horrible. I have taken Xanax, Ativan, Klonopin, Buspar, Lexapro, Zoloft, Paxil and Prozac so I know what I am talking about. I have been off all meds for nearly two months and certainly dont feel any worse than I did while I was on them.

Finally if anyone has any info on herbal cures that worked for them I would certainly be up for trying them and seeing if they work for me. Just post it on here and I will check it out. Thanks!

alegonz

dreamer_13 said:
for your information, im not being negative, im stating the obvious. just because i dont believe in this herbal rubbish doesent mean you can criticise my opinion. i have a phsyciatrist and im doing really well, im not saying all phsyciatrist's work, because i know myself that they can make you feel terrible, but life is all about obstacles and achieving them and i know its hard but never say never - thats what ive learnt.

if you jump at the chance to have an easy way out , then your not achieving, your failing, and im not bringing anyone down who says that this herbal thing works, but i would like to encourage people to actually try, and not rely on some pills, or herbal medicines or whatever.

im not on any medication or anything and im doing so so well, ive just started going out more and ive even been asking my mum to go out with me, and i feel on top of the world, and i know myself that i have achieved, not failed, becuase im doing this all by myself, with a little help from my phsyciatrist, and i just hope that you lot dont rely on any other thing than yourself.
Listen sweetheart before you start vomiting sunshine let me give you a little secret, not everyone has the same symptoms and yes, alot have it way worse than you.
It is cool you are doing so well but cut the crap that you would rather take the hard way and just suck it up, all the time being miserable. You are borderline close to the flamers that come and say there are not mental diseases, its all in your mind.

B

This is the second thread I've looked at today where people are going apeshit on each other. Take away the internet and make you deal with each other in a physical room and you'd all just sit like bumps on logs not saying anything. All this theory and no action.

Danfalc

Banned
Even though i did argue myself about what Robo was saying...(which i have apolagised for cos i wasnt just putting my view across i was too harsh) that was practialy a year ago :? yup this was started a year ago.. both sides have had there say... it might work for some people it might not.. it might depend on how bad you are, if you just suffer from anxiety or you have the full blown social phobia ect ect.

I think post people are just seeing this as a post where they can kick up the old arguments and try and put other people down...people are posting with little real opinions or constructive points and just proceding to rip into someone else.... sniping at other people.. and just causing further arguments.This was from a year ago!!!! I really hope people can just kinda see.. thats its been played out... no one is going to "win" people are gonna have different opinions... and carrying this on is only just gonna cause further arguments.

brownbag

tako?

i tot colostrum, passion flower, and lemon balm was a drink - all in one. until i read the word supplements.

i'll just try them and see for myself.

Danfalc

Banned
dreamer_13 said:
and soz for having the last word, coz i agree with dan, but ya all know what im like lol!

lol dont worry about it :D if someone told me i was vomiting sunshine and calling me stuff i didnt like... i would be doing the same,your more than entitled to defend yaself hun just cos i hope people can realise this arguments has run its course doesnt mean i think you should sit and take crap off people.

robo

Hello,
Thanks for the apology Danfalc, I don't hold any grudges. I wish that what worked for me worked for everyone else, but I've found out that that's not the case. For those that have tried my recommendations and have not had any success, I apologize. I do still feel completely cured, so for those of you that like to hear that it can happen, it's true. So keep up the fight, put your trust in the Lord, and try everything you can get your hands on. If it wasn't for Christ I don't think I would have ever gotten better.

p.s. I don't have internet access anymore, so it could be a awhile before I can reply to anybody.

van_sp

Thx for the tip dude!! I doubt the original poster is still active in this forum but I want to bump this back to the top in case some peeps haven't read it yet.
I picked up both passion flower, and lemon balm, and will see how it works for my anxiety. If it gives a positive result I'll post back ;)

LittleMissMuffet

I just wanted to say one thing regarding taking medication...

Just like one poster brought up how wrong it can be to say: "there are no mental illnesses, it's all in your head..."

....whether a person is right to take medication is similar to whether a certain label of a particular mental illness suits them.

I see it that there are 2 reasons why medication and certain labels of mental illness may be right for one person and wrong for another....

1 -because there are many different variations of problems that people have, not only in terms of the degree of a problem but also in terms of the particular kind of problem; and added to this, all of these different shades of a color (and even colors) can often have only small differences between one type and another.
....eg: 'Social anxiety' seems to be a problem that many different people have. Some people with social anxiety have manic depression, some have generalised anxiety, some have a schizoid personality, some have social anxiety with 'avoidant personality disorder' and even with the latter- because it is likely that a person with SA would be somewhat avoidant, a lot of people probably fluctuate in how socially avoidant they may be.
...Basically, everything is relative, and there are many many colors in the rainbow. And yet, because such small differences are responsible for the difference between one type of 'diagnosis' and another, these nonetheless mean something.

2- It is also important that the type of label given to someone is one that they are psychologically ready to accept. This also applies to whether a person should consider taking medication -since the choice to do this involves how they view their problem.
One person will view taking medication as 'giving up', yet another will view avoiding medication as 'giving up'.
....Who is right????
Who is to say which of the two is deluded and avoiding reality?
...Well, perhaps "reality" depends on the individual's reality.

And this should be taken into consideration instead of a person believing that because reality exists a certain way for them, that it can only be this way for anybody else.

sunwindandfire

This thread is interesting but something smells very fishy to me. A couple of the posts from new posters seem odd and I'm suprised more people don't catch on. Maybe I'm wrong but being an internet marketer I see scams all day long.

I'd be interested to hear reviews from seasoned members who tried it not first time posters......

ikemikes15

Hey robo, I really want to try the supplements that helped you out. If you don't mind I was wondering if you could be a little more specific on how your taKING THEM. Do you get them from a website if give some links. I was on one website and it reffered to colostrum as the six hour miracle and it suggested to take 3 capsules twice a day, the name was ImmunePower Colostrum Capsules 120 Ct. TBR Labs does that sound familiar . Also do I get lemon balm or passion flower or both. How do you take them capsule form