I am being seriously bullied - warning: very long but true

Do you have it worse than me or know anyone who does?

• Total voters

Mario

Hi im mario... this is a letter i wrote which i am planning to send to a plastic surgeon. I would type my whole story out again but it will take ages so ill just copy and paste my letter to the surgeon and it will explain everything.....

I am a 15-year-old male, going on to 16 in May. Before you think about me being an unsuitable candidate because I am young please let me explain why I deserve to get a nose job.

I have been bullied ever since I was about 10 about my nose. At the start when my nose started developing I noticed at round the age of 10 that my nose was unusually large. At school people started making fun of my nose and calling me big nose and Pinocchio. I got insulted on average a few times a month. As I got older, when I turned 12 the bullying got worse as my nose got even bigger and started going more crooked. Ever since my nose got worse I have been insulted nearly every single day. Every person I have met in school has insulted me about my nose at least once and put me down, even some of my friends who used to insult me about my nose before we got to know each other. Even the teachers have made their little comments. I been through so many things and been called so many names.

I can remember every insult that has been said to me word for word because it hurts so much when these things get said to me. One time some one was insulting me and he said “I wasn’t talking to you I was talking to your nose” and the whole class laughed at me. One time the teacher we playing hangman on the board and the teacher asked me to guess a letter and some one yelled out N-O-S-E and the whole class laughed at me. One time this boy said “Mario KNOWS he’s got a big NOSE” and the whole class laughed at me again. One time I got back from holiday some one said to me “Hey you and your nose are back!”. People said that my nose looks like an egg credit card or a mint card. People said that my nose grows when I lie. People have said that I look like an eagle. People have said that the biggest bone in my body is my nose. People have told me to be careful when I turn around and that I could poke some body’s eye out. People have got pencils or their mobile phones or other large objects and put it against their nose and said that it was me. Even people who were like 3 years younger than me bullied me. They would call me names as they walk past and keep on doing fake sneezes to insult me. This is only about a week’s worth of what has happened and been said to me at school and I have been bullied for 5 years.

Even MY FAMILY have made jokes about my nose, I know they didn’t do it to hurt me but they assumed that I would take it as a joke when it really hurt and they made me realise that all the insults at school are true. For about a year I avoided my older brother from seeing me from the side. Like when he would talk to me I would face him straight on or when we had to eat at the dinner table I would always sit opposite him and not next to him. But one day my seat was taken so I had to sit next to him and he said “FUCKING HELL! I never noticed how big and bad your nose has gotten!” I know deep down he didn’t mean to say that but again it hurt. He went on about my nose for a couple of weeks then probably realised how much it was hurting me and stopped. Don’t get the wrong idea about him he is a really good brother but just sometimes says stuff without thinking how it would effect people. But I’m sure he doesn’t remember because it was a couple of years ago but of course I still remember.

Even these days I still get insulted. Sometimes people at school just say stuff as a joke but they know it still hurts me and I tell them I don’t find it funny but people still say stuff. Random people on the street walking past me have insulted me and laughed at my nose and I have never seen them before in my life. People always stare me from their cars as I walk or cross the road. I am afraid to go out in public because I know all eyes are on my nose and I know people will always have stuff to say. For the very few people who don’t insult me out loud, I hear them insult me behind my back or I know they still think in their head how bad my nose is. I tried to sort out the bullying like tell teachers and stand up for myself. But no matter how much the teachers tell them off or I stand up for myself I will always just persuade the people into insulting me more because whatever I can think off to insult about them it never compares to my nose and I always loose. Even worse no body feels sorry for me because I apparently am too moody at school. But how can I not be with all this going on. Even worse when I was younger before my nose became bad I used to be called good looking all the time. By my family, by girls… but no one even my family as complimented be about my looks ever since. Only my dad and older brother rarely do when I talk about how ugly I am. But I know for a fact that they are lying just to try and make me feel better because they never say it willingly they only say it when I talk about my insecurities about my nose. They always use the phrase “It can be worse” But no I find that hard to believe. Even people at school who have diseases and deformed don’t get insulted as much as I do, because people feel sorry for them so why can’t people feel sorry for me that I got a huge, crooked nose and leave me alone?

Sometimes I don’t feel human I just feel like an animal that people make fun out of when they are bored or when they want to make themselves look big. When the bullying started around 5 years ago I have also been suffering from insomnia. A lot of the times I can’t sleep at night because all I can think about is who is going to insult me the next day and why is this all happening to me. Because of this I am tired every single day as it takes me 2-3 hours to fall asleep every night. The only times I get a decent nights sleep is when school is closed and I don’t have to worry about going out and what people will say or do. Even now it is a Tuesday and I got up on the laptop and started writing this letter around 12:30am because I couldn’t sleep and now it is 2:34am and I am still typing and I have to leave the house for school in less than 6 hours!

I will never be happy. I will never be able to sleep peacefully. I will never be able to get a girlfriend. I can never go out in public and be myself. I hardly can make friends because of my appearance and people are too stereotypical and don’t want to get to know me because of my nose. The only reason I have the few friends that I have is because I made the effort to go talk to them they never wanted to get to know me but after they did they realised I was a good person and were sorry if they have ever insulted me.

Please try to convince my parents to let me have the surgery. I have said to them I want to get it before but they never take me seriously. I know I’m a bit young but I researched nose jobs on the Internet for days and a male suitable candidate can be 15 and I am nearly 16. Please I need to have a nose job it’s the only way I can be happy and get on with my life. Thank-you.

(END OF LETTER)

So as you can i pretty much hate my life and spend my life in doors all day because i can't go out. I can't have friends around either because i have family problems. The only times i go out is when i have to go school or shopping and thats it. If anyone has it worse than me please tell me id like to hear it.

shyguynick155

Yea dat must suk man ppl always insulting ppl cuz dey try to impress others im 17 and i never had a girl friend becuz im ugly and i have massive loose skin with stretchmark because i lost weight wen i was fat so i feel you and your not the only one and who cares wut other people think or say they are the ones who will later on get wuts coming to them so ignore them or buy a ipod and just jam to it becuz that distracts you on wut ppl say so thr are ways that can help you so dont give up

SocialRetahd

You are the proper age for a rhinoplasty. I don't think it's extremely expensive. If you have to, wait until you are 18 to get one. 2 more years of this shit wont hurt. Heck, I'm 22 and don't have any friends and never had a gf.

Actually, thats the only operation I'm not interested in. I need to get some laser resurfacing and a few other things but nothing major.

L

lisamary25

Hi Mario

Im so sorry to hear that you are going through such a hard time, I know exactly how your feeling because i have been through it. Im now 25, i was bullied from a really age about my nose, i had a nose job 1.5 years ago. The operation give me such a confidence boost for a wee wile. The operation did not stop the bullies havin a go at me though, i wanted the operation at your age and i thought that the bullying would stop. It has stopped some of it because strangers will never know that I had it done and i feel like a normal human being around strangers because they cant judge me. If you are really determined that you want this you need to see your doctor and express to him/her about how your feeling. I was able to get my operation done on the NHS for free because i was emotionall affected by the size of my nose. Im in no way telling you to get a nose job but you should speak to your doctor and he may reccommend sending you to a psychologist as well. I knew from a young age that I wanted it done I was determined that this operation would solve all my problems. It has solved the physical problem but not the emotional problems. My family and friends also made comments about my nose which upset me quite a lot, i know they did not mean it but I felt that I had no one to turn to. If you think that your parents are not listening to you you need to speak to a doctor.
All the best Mario and I hope I have helped you.

Mary

T

Tommo01

Hello chap.
For a start, everybody is different and nobody is perfect. What gives people the right to take the p*ss out of others? The thing is people are probably putting the emphasis on you because they are insecure about their own differences and think that turning the attention onto you and away from them will keep them out of the spot light. Obviously plastic surgery is your choice but I personally think you should embrace and celebrate what makes you unique! If you do have the plastic surgery do it because you want too and on your terms instead of doing it because you feel under pressure from bullies to change yourself to fit in with what they see as socially acceptable.
Hope all goes well for you mate, Take care. God bless.

Bullied Anonymous

Wow. I know what its like being bullied but thats ridiculous. Everybody is different and they shouldn't be made fun of for it. It makes me angry when I hear how people can be so ignorant. They could have been born like you and their children still can be. You shouldn't hate yourself ,but I can only say that. I can't make it better. All I can say is keep your head.