I am beginning to feel really pissed off with a friend.

Zarrix

I keep asking him to go to the movies or something, and everytime, he says he is busy or can't be bothered. This isn't helping my social confidence at all. I keep thinking that he is betraying or doesn't like me anymore, although I have no idea of his intentions when doing this (whether his claims are real or he simply doesn't like me anymore, therefore he won't go).

He does come very occasionally though, so this may not be the problem. Another thought that has crossed my mind is that he may be socially phobic, like me, he is a fairly calm type of person though, never gets angry or flustered. However, he seems to keep to himself a lot of the time and gets iffy about going to social outings. He would never go to a party, he nearly didn't go to the graduation, didn't go to camp etc.

Am I on to something here, on one or several accounts? He sure as hell isn't helping my anxiety levels.

miss_amy

Could be anything. We automatically think its us, the reason why people won't go but my theray woamn told me to think of other reasons why he might not go. maybe you are right and he has anxiety, mayb he's short of money and embarrassed to say or maybe he just don't like movies, maybe hes had hard day and tired....list is endless.