I am a 30-year old female and I think I give up

Georgina

A couple of questions for those of you who tried BOTOX please:-

1. Was is painful?
2. How much did it cost?

My daughter, who I thought, was getting on OK with the PERSPI GUARD I got us both, is now complaining that it stings so much she doesn't like to use it as the pain pretty bad and they do tell you to stop if it irritates. I'm still OK now 6 weeks, so they are OK for some of us, but it seems lots of other issues play a part in this.

So still need to consider other options, anyone know if any of the other HH antiperspirants are more gentle?

Thanks

Georgina

kingflab

Hate to keep repeating this, but I'd recommend curettage..

Botox = about £400 per session, and you're likely to need two or three sessions a year.

Retrodermal Curettage = £1100 (including consultation), and that should be permanent; although if it doesn't work it can be repeated.

The only problem is, you can't guarantee either will work. Botox and Curettage both have equal success rates, but there's never any certainty that it'll remove the problem for good.

blabla

Georgina said:
A couple of questions for those of you who tried BOTOX please:-

1. Was is painful?

I can assure you that it's almost painless. The needle doesn't go deep at all. All you feel is tiny stings. Very tolerable.

Georgina

Hi, thanks very much for your responses to my questions.

I looked up the Curettage (I sorry if I mispelled it) and I have to say it sounded a bit of a last resort, but I understand it if nothing else works. I look forward to hearing about the results of that afterwards KINGFLAB.

As for the Botox, thats just a bit unpleasant from what you tell me, but again if needs must..but being temporary seems they charge a lot for a problem that is not just a matter of vanity, I hate the idea of haveing to keep paying that sort of money out.

I passed i all your nfo back to daughter, but as she came in last night smiling and wearing a vivid red top, with her arms out as if to say, look at me mum... not wearing black. I had to ask "did you do the spray again then?" To which she said she did and it did not sting this time.

I am wondering now that as I suspect she has a low pain threshold, that she only ever actually tried it once and went ow and left it, telling me it did not work, but she was very upbeat last night as she had been as dry as a bone all day, despite a very anxious expected confrontation with her boss.

I thought it was odd it worked for me and not for her. I think if she thought that spray hurt the idea of the other two more advanced suggestions scared her enough to give it another go.

KINGFLAB, did you get your bottle of stuff yet ? I am interested to hear your opinion on it, as you must have the most results on all the products on the market. Just a thought, but a table with the product, price and results you had posted up as a seperate topic, with feedback from others who had also used them to give a rounded view, may act as a very useful way to stop people buying the ones that clearly don't work and we all agree are no help and hone it down to the ones that have some positive effect, just a thought. :)

Thanks to everyone with helpful suggestions.

cheers

Georgina

kingflab

I did. And like all the others, its useless.

Same problem every time, stings like hell and doesn't stop the sweating. I'm a light sleeper as it is and I simply can't be arsed keeping myself awake all night, and then irritated throughout the following day.

Honestly, every single product is exactly the same, all boasting the famous 'Guaranteed to work' nonsensical bollocks.

As for a chart, thats easy. I can't remember the prices though. And remember that they have all worked for different people, it just seems everybody else must either have really thick skin or a very high pain threshold.

Driclor - Burns like hell, worked a bit on my hands
Drysol - Burns like hell, worked for one night only, then never worked again.
Sweat Stop Forte - Burns like hell, didn't work.
Odaban - Didn't sting until the second application, then stung every time after that. It didn't work much either.
Maxim - Burns like hell, didn't work.
Maxim Sensitive - Not much different to Maxim
Perspi Guard - Burns like hell, hasn't worked.

There's a couple more I know I've tried, but I can't for the life of me remember what they where, same results though. I'll give Perspi Guard one more week, if not its going in the bin.

And Curettage isn't so much of a last-ditch surgery, as its non-invasive. Its more or less similar to botox, except they stick in a little scraper and dig out the sweat glands. Problem sorted. Although I'll post my experience of it when its done.

Georgina

Well I am sorry to hear that it did not work for you , I would assess from that result the the active ingredient that is probably the same and in all of them is not compatible with your skin.

It has taken my daughter over 6 weeks of tentatively using it and complaining about the stinging and burning to get to a point where she is happy to use it, she tells me it still stings a bit, but it's definitely getting better, like you she is either more sensitive or lower pain threshold as you suggest, but only you can decide if you have given it a fair crack of the whip. We are all different of course.

I hope the procedure works well for you, what I read about did sound rather invasive, so perhaps it was a bad example or things have changed, it described a sort of liposuction process with the instrument coming in from the sides of the armpit in a small keyhole cut and destroying the sweat glands with a scraping type procedure.

Anyway I realise it's been a cinch for me, I've appear to have been monumentally lucky in finding something first off, so I'm just grateful.

I believe there was a money back guarantee, so don't just sling it, I'll have it if you really don't want it, there is another girl where my daughter works who also seems to have the same problem, I am sure she would appreciate trying it, if the bin is the only place you are going to send it!

Good Luck KF

cheers

Georgina

kingflab

The common ingrediant is aluminium. Having a low pain threshold isn't the problem for all of us (I have a high pain threshold), its the way aluminum reacts with the skin. It creates a level of irritation that is constant, but it keeps me awake and in my case only gets worse with every application (I applied Driclor for about two months, the irritation never went away).

The op you just described is similar to retrodermal curettage, although know liposuction is involved in this one. It's not really invasive though, only takes about 30 minutes and you can leave straight away - without having to go back for a checkup. My only problem with it is there's simply not enough information available, although what little there is seems to be naught but positive.

When I've given up with Perspi-Guard I'll let you know, just incase you still want the bottle.

xeambxy

only sharing my experience

I found this site and it helped me and so I am only posting this in the hope that it will helps others....

Robinul / Avert works for me (4 months now). I'm in the UK and am not particularly happy about having to pay and import the drug, not tell my doctor, having to take the pills like they are illicit drugs, never 100 % sure whether i've got the dose right and the prospect that one day it will stop working. But, and reluctant as I am to use such a cliche , taking Avert / Robinul has changed my life.

Now I'm not saying it will work for everyone and some will suspect this is an advertisement for the drug. There is not much I can do about either of these,,

I'm also not suggesting others blindly go forward and get this stuff based on this post, or any other single post / article / review..

But what I do suggest is:

DO YOUR RESEARCH AND MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND.

I did, and I did.....

I

isweatandwat

Does anyone know what it is like to sweat excessively as a female? I don't know what to do anymore. The older I get, the harder it is to deal with. People can be very mean and I cry daily. Sometimes I want to end it all.

I have excessive underarm sweating and it seems no deodorant will work. I just want a normal life. Why is this so hard?

Hi

I am a female in my early 30's. I have HH for as far back as I can remember. My earliest childhood memories are of me sitting in the childrens department with foil around my hands and feet, waiting to soak them in some type of soltuion. My mother has told me that I was three. I totally overstand how it feels to be female and have HH. I had a sympathectomy at the age of 14 (the Dr's at this time did not warn about compensatory sweating or even try to put me on any form of oral medication) so at 14 it sounded greeeaaat.

All was well for four years the the great floooood!! Feet pouring, soaking shoes within 10 mins, back of legs and not to mention other areas!! Went back to the GP all they offered was surgery. Plodded on through uni...motherhood ...life feeling more and more battered and hurt. One day I seriously felt as though living, breath, exsisting was too much for me to handle. I just wanted to lock myself away...people would seriously come to up to me have a sniff, turn up their nose and make sly comments. On the train people would get up and sit elsewhere.

When you ask you family they say they cannot smell you...and more than often they are being honest. But if they were to sit with u day in and day out in a small office..oh they would soon get a whiff of my Jais nai cest qua lol

You are not paranoid when you say you smell especially if you have HH...dnt let anyone dilude you as this is wasting your time. But what you are is human, beautiful and deserving of life. I decided to live life...not to let people stop me from pursuing my life.

a few points that I use that I find helpful

* Keep hair low...under arms pubic area
* Only wear Cotton socks..take a few pairs around (tedious I know but you have HH)
(You can also do the same with underwear)
* I use a medicated body wash such as Cepton instead of soapI find if i have a warm shower then a cold shower, drink a pint of water and start urinatinf prior to sweating..i sweat less from the feet
*I have tried Glycloplorate (oral) and found that it did cause some ceasation but I did not like the side effects. It made me feel confused, lethargic, dry mouthed and too be honest I did not like the idea of taking medication for the rest of my life.
*Driclor...Nope did not help at all..
* Paid for bottom (feet) lord did that hurt like whoooooooo :) over 500 injections with no anesthetic. Yes it worked..cost £500 but it worked for 3 months...sweat free
Expensive ...cannot afford to be realistic.

So purchased the idrostar recently (two weeks ago) and I am in the process of using it. The trays are not deep enough to cover my entire feet but i try to go as deep as i can. i know the recommended amount is 400 ml...pls it triple that then some. I find that you should not let dead skin build up on your feet. Keep you feet as clean as possible, free of dead skin. There is also a talc that you can use that contains aluminum it is called Zeasorb powder.

I have up days, down days but never the feelings that I experienced yesterday. I use to sweat alot, guess what I still sweat alot but I do not smell as bad as I used to because I am aware that I am a female with HH and I know what I need to do (hard work it is but hey someone has to do it)

Admiration to all my HH family.... xx