I always feel worried about this one thing...

FriendlyShadow

This is mainly the worst kind of fears I have. The reason why I fear death so much is because, one, of course I will never know what'll happens after we die. I'm not ruling out the possibilities though, things like reincarnation, heaven, afterlife, ect. But I can't stop myself from thinking about it. It's the uncertainty that makes me so scared about it. Some people say after death, we simply don't exist anymore. That's it. We're done. But then where do we physically go? Or where do our souls go, I should say? Do we see in black/white/or plain nothing? Do our souls rebirth into a new human body? Do we really go to heaven like most people say? Or do you just dream and never wake up again? I mean things like these, of course we all will never know the answer to, but that's what makes death so questionable and fearsome. We never know what'll happens unless we experience it. I actually wish something like reincarnation did exist, that way I could live a completely different life than the one I'm living in right now.

Also, it's not just death itself that scares me the most, but the process that comes before it. And when I say process, I mean gradually starting to feel weaker, unable to do things like you used to, getting older, possible dementia/alzhiemers, diseases, losing my teeth, ect. It's almost as if you're going through the final stage in your life where you're slowly being killed inside out each day. I fear of not being able to do anything that I could do when I was younger. I certainly don't want to feel like I'm getting older and not ever having any success or achievements. Right now, I kind of feel as if I've wasted most of my youth for things I could've made more time for. I know most people aroudn me don't think of this as an issue right now (probably people who are still young like me,). Ever since I heard my grandfather and my great grandmother died, their deaths had been linked to either alzheimers disease, weakness, heart failure, fatiguness, and illness. These of all which I'm terrified of ever getting. I just didn't know if anyone else on here felt the same....

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
No one has ever come back from being dead. Not a single person.

I'm not talking about being 'clinically dead' for 10 minutes on the operating table.. I'm taking about the flesh rotting etc.. Not a single person has ever come back from being well and truly dead. So.... no one can tell you what happens after death.

You'll just have to wait and see.

grapevine

I dont fear death. I have a fear of perhaps pain and violence and things like that tho.

One of my fav books to read is the Tibetan book of Living and Dying. I remember reading that when I was 15 and being blown away by the concepts in it.

I believe our souls are more than we realise. Death is a private thing that happens to everyone of us. Just like our lives, I think our deaths are just as unique- maybe our souls take us where we believe - or what we believe perhaps. Who knows.

Illlness is not being in control and we feel happy when we are in control. But even in illness there are always ways to control ourselves - even the tiniest things in illness and sickness can make us truely happy - little achievements etc.

I think fear is something that makes things worse than they seem. That creates a boldness to a situation in a negativity - when even in the worst situations there are waves.

Sacrament

I guess one reason why a lot of people fear death so much is that they don't necessarily fear death itself, but not having lived the life they were meant to live, or simply not having done their best to live life to the fullest.

People who live fully tend to have more of a 'when it comes it comes, I can't do anything about it', because they don't have regrets.