I actually feel like I'm over this now...

BlaiseBLATES

So it's been three weeks now since I had my life back, and it came just as suddenly as agoraphobia did. I don't even know what happened really. I was just so so annoyed, so I just walked and walked and it was like I forgot I ever had panic attacks because my mind was so focussed otherwise.
On Friday it was my prom, and last year I didn't think I would ever be able to go to my prom, or any sort of event. I did go, and I sat through the whole meal with god knows how many others. I was the first on the dance floor, right in the middle, where it was a struggle to get out... and I didn't care.
I have never been so happy in my entire life... And I have some of you to thank for this, for making me feel like I had people who accepted me no matter if I could go out or not. Thankyou everyone, even if you just sent me a single message, you're lovely. And although I'm finally over my agoraphobia I will still be coming on here to help anybody who needs me... Because I know it does help, and it will get better, don't give up hope guys. =) <3

simpsons2007

Thats good news well done. Hope you can keep it up. Its nice to here a success story on here it gives me some hope that one day I'll be able to beet my problems.:)

NihilSlayer

Hell yes! Sometimes you just have to get angry enough to walk outside... We share a similar approach to different problems.

Last edited:

BlaiseBLATES

Thanks to everybody who has replied on this thread.
Now that I'm out again, I have found myself meeting new people, going to clubs with my friends and doing a lot of volunteer work. It feels so so good to be able to have a lazy day as a treat instead of it being what I did every day.
I am finally taking steps towards my dreams of becoming a child and adolescent psychologist and have secured a place of volunteer work at a primary school, where I will see problems develop in young children.
I'm also attending my first U18 rave in August and will be going to see a theatre production of 'An Inspector Calls' with my school...The thurthest journey without my parents to date.
I am still here if anybody needs words of encouragement or just a little boost...

Srijita52

Congrats,its really great to know that it can be overcome cos there's nothing more that I wish for myself.I'm curious to know how you did it? Do you still get nervous sometimes?

BlaiseBLATES

I still get nervous a fair bit but you soon get to know yourself and how you can cope if you experiment... I found that locking myself away if I got nervous helped a lot. It sounds strange but, obviously, the only place where you can be entirely alone in a public environment is in a toilet... If I get too nervous and feel I may panic, I do go and lock myself in a toilet and calm myself down. It's a pain at first, every 20 minutes (or even 10) needing to go lock yourself in a cubicle but I have found now that I can go as long as two hours before having to do so and if I continue then maybe I'll be back to normal sometime soon! I am also on prozac/ fluoxetine 12mg. I'm also quite a spiritualist, every morning I give myself a reading from my guidence cards and it gives me a boost when they're good cards.
Just mess around with different tecniques, mine I have never really heard people talk about, but it does work for me so maybe you could try it yourselves and see if you're able to calm yourselves there.

da_illest101

congrats, you are getting better and better . If you fall back down again remember that somewhere in your mind you know the trick to get back on your feet

Srijita52

Thanks!I'll seriously try your techniques & hope they'll be equally effective for me as they're for you.