Hypnotherapy

smff73

Ok folks, a year or so after finally discovering that I wasn't "wierd" or "different", and that I actually have SP, I've decided to try a different route.

I've listened to countless hypnotherapy CDs, and read countless books, to no avail unfortunately, so I was thinking of going to see a therapist who says that a combination of CBT/NLP/Hynotherapy could help, by way of an initial 2 hour session, followed by 2 single hour sessions.

Basically, I was once described as a people person, and would like that back! I don't know what went wrong down the line, but my SP and terrible social skills have led to low self esteem, low self confidence and depression. I didn't used to have SP, so where the hell did it come from?!

So, million dollar question....does this sound worthwhile to any of you with more experience of this?

jennismortal

During hypnosis, a person's body relaxes while their thoughts become more focused and attentive. Like other relaxation techniques, hypnosis decreases blood pressure and heart rate, and alters certain types of brain wave activity. In this relaxed state, a person will feel very at ease physically yet fully awake mentally. In this state of deep concentration people are highly responsive to suggestion. If you are trying to quit smoking, for example, a therapist's suggestion may successfully convince you that in the future you will have a strong dislike for the taste of cigarettes.