Hypherhidrosis related to Dysautonomia?

Yes, I'm a newbie. But definitely not to hyperhidrosis. I have had this for about 6 years now, since a few weeks before my 16th birthday. Palmar hyperhidrosis is THE WORST. I have axillary and plantar as well, but I couldn't care less about those when my hands are sweating. I also have chronic blushing which has been a significant problem recently with school and such. I can't give a presentation anymore. I'm in art and have a hard time in critiques because the slightest bit of nervousness sets me off in a blushing attack. In those situations, I'd rather pour sweat... It just seems to be either or and always at the wrong time. Ughh.

Anyways, I found out my sweating is from something called "Dysautonomia". I guess a lot of people's sweating is from brain dysfunction (yes, although Dysautonomia refers to nervous system dysfunction, I found out it is all from the brain). If you have other symptoms like racing heart, overactive sympathetic nervous system, food allergies and intolerances, bad digestion, increasingly dryer skin and are losing hair, breaking out, temperature intolerance, bad circulation, weakness when standing, blood pooling etc etc, it's probably because you are in fight or flight mode all the time. And that most likely comes from bad responses in the brain.

So I'm trying out a program called "The Dynamic Neural Retraining System", and it's helped a great deal. It's just that they say you need to take down your stress level to allow for better healing. But I can't just quit school on scholarship :/ So we'll see. It would be so great to come to a place of responding to stress differently. I'm convinced I'd have dry hands considering that when I'm asleep, I'm always dry. That just goes to show that my waking reality is traumatizing! Haha.

Anyone else have Dysautonomia or have heard of it?

Last edited:

Sprawling

My body has been in fight and flight mode my entire life. Now being in my 50's my body is completely worn out. It's probably a great idea if you can retrain your brain (if possible) while you are young.

I find when ionto treatment works and my hands sweat less or not at all, my body tends to relax easier. I'll need to check out "The Dynamic Neural Retraining System" to see what it's all about. There seems to be numerous systems out there that teaches one how to refocus ones thinking.

Wetpalmed

I think I have this but I'm unsure. I know my sympathetic nervous system is off because I'll have trouble breathing and an unregulated heart rate along with memory problems. My blood flow to my hands is also quite bad.

But I actually have a high tolerance to most things and no allergies. I'll have to look into that technique.

Solo Dolo

I have never been told i have this....but I know for a fact I do have that (Dysautonomia). Everything you named and said describes me to a T. I really hope there is some way to fix this. I have many many problems in life because of this.

P.S. I have severe generalized hyperhidrosis

And to reiterate: I literally have EVERY symptom you named. Thank you for telling me what its called.

Jezza

Check...check...check...yeah check everything except I'm not bald...I almost don't dare write that down cause I don't want to tempt faith with all the other stuff that my body doesn't do right.

That said I've also had a time where I suddenly lost tons of hair...Freaked me the hell out as a good head of hair is one thing I've always had in my favour...It's also one of those things that is a clear sign of bad health. Luckily it normalised over time and though my hair is a bit thinner now I still can't complain about it in comparison with my peers at my age. I really hope that will remain to be the case, otherwise there might be a situation where maybe there'll some day be a solution for the sweating but then in another one of nature's cruel jokes I'll be bald and still not be able to pull the beautiful ladies...(I keed -a bit-)

I've heard and read about the term dysautonomia before and I feel like many people here fit the bill quite well...however, like 'overactive sympathetic nervous system' or 'hyperhidrosis' it's more of a name for an observation of symptoms rather than a diagnosis of the cause IMO...same old crappy symptoms by any other name are still the same old crappy symptoms. I sometimes think it must be like being on amphetamines all the time (that is...I don't know what that's like but I know what this 'hyperactive SNS' is like); sometimes I feel like I'm 'outperforming' my normal mind and body for instance on a test or with sports (though the price will be sweating heavily) and then after there's the crash...the tiredness without being able to sleep, all these niggling other problems besides the sweating...and of course the almost never ending sweating itself. I guess as you get older the balance gets more and more out of whack and it'll suck kinda badly.

I'm currently looking into (heavy) metals...they seem to be held responsible for a lot of the symptoms we all know and hate in humans. It's a bit of a hype (sham?) at the moment and probably there's nothing in it but you can do the test for a bunch of tenners so hell why not. Sadly I just cut my hair really short so I'm gonna wait a bit. If something comes out of it I'll be sure to make a topic about it.

Last edited:
I've talked to quite a few hyperhidrosis sufferers about this and surprisingly I find that most (if they weren't born with it) have other symptoms that would fit very well under Dysautonomia. Wow. Maybe this is one of the most significant causes, and Doctors just don't know about it!
Jezza, you're right. Even if you put a name to it, it's still going to be the same symptoms. Fortunately for me, because there was a name that sums up all of what I'm feeling, I knew better where to go for treatments. I went to a Neural Doctor who practices as a chiropractor because of his use of alternative and natural treatments, and he helped me so much! He gave me complex exercises to retrain my brain to balance out. My symptoms decreased 50%. My sweating definitely got better. But... not cured :(

Anyways, Dysautonomia really only comes down to stress. Nervous system dysfunction traces back to bad wiring in the brain (bad response to stimuli), and therefore sweating occurs. Theoretically, sweating and other symptoms could be CURED by 1. Eliminating unneeded stressors in our lives (i.e. allergies, meds, lack of sleep, lack of vitamins/nutrients, stressful lifestyle) and 2. Rewiring the brain to respond better to such stimuli.

I've started the DNRS program that does just that, and I've been astounded by the changes I've made in a short time. Crossing my fingers that it will work beyond what it already has, and if that works, I too will be making a new topic of it.

Oh, BTW, I've been tested for heavy metals. Did have heavy aluminum poisoning (from antiperspirants) and others. Also found out I have a huge allergy to Cadmium (triggers all my other allergies and sweating). Did a cleanse and got multiple foot baths. Felt a lot better after, but still my problem is my stressful lifestyle. I don't think my body would have responded so badly to half of the heavy metal toxicity if it wasn't under stress. So I'm focusing on that for now :)

Last edited: