Hyperhidrosis has fucked up my life

pandamonium77

Re: Hyperhidrosis has ****ed up my life

i have a friend with sever hyperhidrosis, he's happy, he's the class clown, and nobody cares that he sweats a lot. His name is juan, but everyone just calls him sweaty, and he's absolutely fine with it. Maybe you can fix it, maybe you cant, but in the end the best cure is to just accept it. and if people want to make fun of you because of a medical problem, they're just f*cked up and immature.

CiuinAnam

Just wanted to mention that last week I saw an episode of "Strictly Dr. Drew" that covered Hyperhidrosis in detail. They explain the facts as well as show how the surgery works and the electronic stimulation thing that was posted on here earlier.
Strictly Dr. Drew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <-- this is the wiki link explaining all 10 episodes of the series. It is episode 10 if you want to try to get a hold of it. It covers all of the socially 'unacceptable' bodily functions.

Best of luck,
Rebecca

[and yes this is my first post] ::p:

It messed up my life big time. Psychologically more than anything. I never had a girlfriend or many jobs. Things got more bearable when I got iontophoresis but I have been chained to the device ever since. To be honest I often want to sell it as I've been using it for over 10 years now and it is no way to live. So yes I can relate.