Hyperhidrosis can cause heart problems??

jay77

I recently read this article Lectin-like oxidized low density lipoprotein receptor 1(LOX-1) levels and endothelial dysfunction in patients with primary essen

It says how the same nerves that innervate the sweat glands also innervate the heart. Here is part of what it says "It is known that
hyperactive sympathetic cholinergic fibers leave
the superior dorsal ganglion at T2-T3 level, and
cause abnormal innervation of eccrine glands, thus,
vasoconstriction and decrease in skin temperature.
T2-T4 ganglions are also on the direct sympathetic
innervation pathway of the heart [2]. Therefore, it
is suggested that PEH is not only a local disorder,
but also general dysfunction of autonomic nervous"

" De Marinis and colleagues as-
sessed cardiac functions with sympathetic and para-
sympathetic tests, and showed that both sympathetic
and parasympathetic autonomic tests impaired"

". In another study,
plasma NO levels in PEH patients were found sig-
nificantly higher than control group [13]. May NO
levels be increased in PEH patients as a compensa-
tory mechanism to prevent development of vascular
endothelial dysfunction against the stress occurring
as a result of excessive sympathetic stimulation?"

This makes me extremely nervous to know that hyperhidrosis can cause heart problems as well.

I don't think Hyperhidrosis causes heart problems. I don't think heart problems cause Hyperhidrosis.

But you're definitely on to something here! Heart problems AND Hyperhidrosis come from the same source. And it's not nervous system dysfunction. It too is caused by a problem.

This is my theory: I think we need to recognize that it comes from a bad response in the limbic system of the brain, which triggers the nervous system, which triggers the heart problems and hyperhidrosis. And what we can do about that is learn what triggers the bad response. What causes YOU (specifically) stress? Because your brain has been trained to respond to situations that should be considered normal to the point of fight or flight. Eliminate stressors, and the body has a chance to heal. Which is what it naturally does when it is in the para-sympathetic state. Sweating would stop, allergies would disappear, energy would be gained and all illness would heal.

I'm really wondering how many people's heart problems, hyperhidrosis and other symptoms are simply issues unable to resolve themselves because we can't live lives that support a state of healing (para-sympathetic). In this society it's HIGH STRESS, GO GO GO, EXERCISE TO THE POINT OF DEATH, EAT THIS AND THAT. Some people are just built to do that better than others. Those others NEED a more relaxed life... And us Hyperhidrosis sufferers are the unlucky of the bunch, whose bodies are sweetly sweating to tell us so.

Sprawling

I'm really wondering how many people's heart problems, hyperhidrosis and other symptoms are simply issues unable to resolve themselves because we can't live lives that support a state of healing (para-sympathetic). In this society it's HIGH STRESS, GO GO GO, EXERCISE TO THE POINT OF DEATH, EAT THIS AND THAT. Some people are just built to do that better than others. Those others NEED a more relaxed life... And us Hyperhidrosis sufferers are the unlucky of the bunch, whose bodies are sweetly sweating to tell us so.

Well said:applause:

NickM

I don't think Hyperhidrosis causes heart problems. I don't think heart problems cause Hyperhidrosis.

But you're definitely on to something here! Heart problems AND Hyperhidrosis come from the same source. And it's not nervous system dysfunction. It too is caused by a problem.

This is my theory: I think we need to recognize that it comes from a bad response in the limbic system of the brain, which triggers the nervous system, which triggers the heart problems and hyperhidrosis. And what we can do about that is learn what triggers the bad response. What causes YOU (specifically) stress? Because your brain has been trained to respond to situations that should be considered normal to the point of fight or flight. Eliminate stressors, and the body has a chance to heal. Which is what it naturally does when it is in the para-sympathetic state. Sweating would stop, allergies would disappear, energy would be gained and all illness would heal.

I think you're on to something sir. But I still think the sweating is something entirely of its own. Let's say a friend of mine has the same level of stress in his life as me but he doesn't sweat excessively and I do. I am not sure how that would be measured, but people are stressed all the time and they don't sweat excessively. When I am feeling more stressed, nervous, or anxious I sweat a lot more, but I don't think that's normal. Maybe myself and other Hyperhydrosis sufferers need to reach that level of parasympathetic healing. Would some sort of healing occur if we were in a parasympathetic state more often?

I also have sleep apnea and I have never been treated for it (hopefully will be soon), and I believe that is playing a major role in the severity of my Hyperhydrosis. I do think that my sweat glands overly react to the stimulation of the sympathetic nerves though. Just my thoughts. I could be wrong though I would like to find a way to test these theories in the near future.

Curing my Hyperhydrosis is top priority for me. I'm going to medical school with hopes to better understand it and maybe one day find a cure or improve treatments to reduce suffering. Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you're on to something sir. But I still think the sweating is something entirely of its own. Let's say a friend of mine has the same level of stress in his life as me but he doesn't sweat excessively and I do. I am not sure how that would be measured, but people are stressed all the time and they don't sweat excessively. When I am feeling more stressed, nervous, or anxious I sweat a lot more, but I don't think that's normal. Maybe myself and other Hyperhydrosis sufferers need to reach that level of parasympathetic healing. Would some sort of healing occur if we were in a parasympathetic state more often?

Well... I have to agree and disagree with you there. For one, yes Hyperhidrosis can come on its own. Some people JUST do sweat more than others. But if there's no sign of it in genetics, and its coupled with other symptoms, then I have to think it may all be from the same source. And that it does in fact have a source. My opinion is that every person responds differently to stress. There are some unlucky few that sweat. There are even some that don't sweat at all (which, can be worse). There are people who develop fibromyalgia, or joint pain or anxiety disorder. Just because you have a different symptom than someone else does not mean it's not from the same source. You may not even know what they are suffering from (do all your friends know about your Hyperhidrosis?) Besides that, your friend may function better in high levels of stress anyways.

If you were to delve into why the body does what it does, it may really come down to the brain and whatever IT thinks is the best way to respond to different situations. Or even the best way to protect itself if it has been wired to react with fight or flight to normal situations. You can't expect everyone to have the same symptoms. In fact, I've known people with Hyperthyroid who are overweight. That's not a usual symptom of Hyperthyroid, but nevertheless, they have it. I could get a whole lot deeper. But this stuff gets complex...

Anyways, I have faith in you to fix your Hyperhidrosis. It will be a wonderful thing for us all when one of us finds an answer. It really is up to us... Doctors know nothing :( I'm impressed by your aspirations, you will bless many lives for sure.

NickM

Well... I have to agree and disagree with you there. For one, yes Hyperhidrosis can come on its own. Some people JUST do sweat more than others. But if there's no sign of it in genetics, and its coupled with other symptoms, then I have to think it may all be from the same source. And that it does in fact have a source. My opinion is that every person responds differently to stress.

What you're saying makes a lot of sense! I agree with you that different people respond to stimulations differently; perhaps the way their brain decides is the best way. I can't wait to see how my body responds to the sleep apnea treatment. I hope it makes a difference in my hyperhidrosis!

What you're saying makes a lot of sense! I agree with you that different people respond to stimulations differently; perhaps the way their brain decides is the best way. I can't wait to see how my body responds to the sleep apnea treatment. I hope it makes a difference in my hyperhidrosis!

Please let us all know how it goes!

Wetpalmed

If it's not just hyperhidrosis and actually a neurological problem with your sympathetic nervous system like it is for me you'll have troubles with your heart, breathing, sweating, and memory. All the functions your body regulates but that most people take for granted.