Hyperhidrosis and Job Interview Handshakes

rmos

I assume most people here have had issues with shaking peoples hands with our gross, sweaty and clammy palms. I'm graduating this year and as of late I've been going and scheduling a bunch of interviews and at this point I don't even know if I get sweaty palms because I'm anxious or I'm anxious because of my sweaty palms.

Any of you, have experience in the business / corporate world where you're meeting a lot of executives and/or partners who expect a firm handshake? It's kind of embarassing to give a limp sweaty handshake, makes me look nervous and anxious even though I'm not.

I've been considering prefacing an interview or a meeting with something like "One thing I want to let you know is that I've been dealing with Hyperhidrosis and sweaty palms since I was in middleschool. I don't want to make an impression that I'm already anxious or nervous. It's quite managable in everyday work life" etc etc.

Thanks in advance,
rmos

Sprawling

Telling them beforehand about your sweating hands is the mature and honest way to go. If I can't shake someone's hand because of a sweat flareup I tell them.

JoeSmith

I used to use the excuse that I wouldn't shake their hand because I am sick or feeling like I am getting sick. Once I told them that, most of them thanked me and didn't think much about it after.

Thank god I had the ETS surgery and my hands are completely dry now. I actually look forward to shaking hands with people. Makes me feel way more confident.

JoeSmith

I think it also depends on what type of career you are getting into. If you are for example interviewing for a sales position that requires you to meet new clients regularly, telling them that you don't want to shake their hand might kill your chances of successfully getting the job.

Brenda

You could apply topical oxybutynin in your hands, In my country it's available under de name of 'Gelidina' and 'Gelnique'
Good luck!

Sprawling

You could apply topical oxybutynin in your hands, In my country it's available under de name of 'Gelidina' and 'Gelnique'
Good luck!

Interesting. It seems to be available in the United States as "Oxybutynin topical" Gelnique.
I think you are the first person to mention this product.

Sounds like it can be a good alternative to "secure wipes" from pharmacy.ca in Canada.

Thanks Brenda! I'm just going to repost this under it's own topic so others will take notice.

Love777

Have you tried the iotonpjerosis treatment? I was exactly like you. I had a team meeting to travel to which meant handshake after handshake with people I would meet for the first time in person or again since last visit. I decided to try the treatments and at first it was not working at all and then eventually it did and I've been sweatfree since then. It has changed my life litterally. No one gets it too so it's nice to know there are people that know and can feel what we have felt and feel. Try it!

Sprawling

Have you tried the iotonpjerosis treatment? I was exactly like you. I had a team meeting to travel to which meant handshake after handshake with people I would meet for the first time in person or again since last visit. I decided to try the treatments and at first it was not working at all and then eventually it did and I've been sweatfree since then. It has changed my life litterally. No one gets it too so it's nice to know there are people that know and can feel what we have felt and feel. Try it!

Some people are immune to ionto. Ionto sometimes works, but excessive stress or anxiety can override the effects of ionto. I've gone through stages where ionto works for long periods of times and other times works at 50%. I've been doing ionto since 2005 and have experienced all kinds of interesting scenarios using it.

MichaelB

Ionto treatment is the most safety and comfortable solution for palmar HH and other of course. Only creams for hands it's not enough. I don't recommend botox. If you have still problem with your embarrasing palmar HH, try ionto.