Hung up on Looks

sensitive

no because i am fine with my appearance, i just look good no special features. anyway girls care about thier appearance nore than boys. we know that some ugly people (let's say not attractive) act like they are supermodels!!! :?

Remus

Staff member
during my teens and 20's people told me I was good looking but I thought they were lying just to make me feel good, now I look back and think "maybe I was good looking and was wrong to hate myself", the irony is now in my 30's I've lost those youthful goodlooks and never appreciated them when I had them

life eh?

Neebo

I don't really like the way I look. My ears stick out and I have a rather big bulbous nose. Infact I hate the way I look! :x Like Remus people have always said that I am handsome. But I just don't see it! I think they're either having a laugh or there's something wrong with their eyes or something LOL :lol:

Danfalc

Banned
I wouldnt say i get anxious, but im defo not keen on how i look specialy with how skinny i am, gets me down rather than anxous through.

Angie_05

I feel anxious about my looks, although I get randomly whistled at and hit on by guys. Sometimes I will see a skinny, attractive girl and just feel completely frumpy. But I keep hearing otherwise from people, friends and strangers. It's strange.

FNA

I'm fine with my looks, I actually think I'm quite good looking, but often I think I'm making a weird face while talking to people. Like when I see pictures of myself I often have one eyebrow raised up and look very uncomfortable, so now I try and feel my facial expression, but I can't tell if my eyebrows are going weird or not until I can see myself.

God, if I thought I was ugly, I don't know what I'd do, things are bad enough.

Danfalc

Banned
LittleMissScareAll said:
I hate my looks. If I was rich I would have plastic surgery to change my entire appearance.

LittleMiss... i swear down on my life there is nothing wrong with how you look, in fact if I didnt have this crap bloody phobia which makes me blush myself to death, and i saw you walking down the street you would have to beat me off with a stick hun.Hehe seriously through your a good looking girl so try and stop dragging yourself down about your looks.

LittleMissScareAll

Ok, I'm moving to the U.K. first thing tomorrow. :p lol
Thanks...you're very sweet...I just wish all guys(or all people in general) were like you--then this world may not be such a terrible place to live in.

Danfalc said:
LittleMiss... i swear down on my life there is nothing wrong with how you look, in fact if I didnt have this crap bloody phobia which makes me blush myself to death, and i saw you walking down the street you would have to beat me off with a stick hun.Hehe seriously through your a good looking girl so try and stop dragging yourself down about your looks.

LittleMissScareAll

Lucky...I wish I got hit on & whistled at. :( I never really have...the only time I was ever told I was "hot"(except for people online telling me) was a guy who works at a store I go in alot; he talks to me pretty much every time I go in, but he talks to everybody...and he only told me that I was hot to try to get me to buy something. :?

Angie_05 said:
I feel anxious about my looks, although I get randomly whistled at and hit on by guys. Sometimes I will see a skinny, attractive girl and just feel completely frumpy. But I keep hearing otherwise from people, friends and strangers. It's strange.

Fighter86

LittleMissScareAll said:
Ok, I'm moving to the U.K. first thing tomorrow. :p lol
Thanks...you're very sweet...I just wish all guys(or all people in general) were like you--then this world may not be such a terrible place to live in.

Danfalc said:

Yeah, I agree with Danfalc. I saw your pix in the photo alblum section & thought that u look sort of like a model. U don seem like the kind who has problems wif guys. I thought only girls like me do. I look sort of average when I use make up(without it, I look horrifying!) & guys are really mean to me :cry: I frequently think that IF ONLY I were pretty....I think my life would have been very very different. Ps: maybe u cld consider moving to Singapore, the guys will love u !

To grumblina,

I saw your pix as well. U come across to me as a very nice & cheerful person :lol: U muz be one of those people who smile a lot & look on the bright side very often. Sure wish I could do that

blubs

Remus said:
during my teens and 20's people told me I was good looking but I thought they were lying just to make me feel good, now I look back and think "maybe I was good looking and was wrong to hate myself", the irony is now in my 30's I've lost those youthful goodlooks and never appreciated them when I had them

life eh?

pah.......you still look about 24 :wink:

Best start appreciating your youthful 30s good looks.....before you get into your 40s and start looking back....

blubs

Remus said:

life eh?

pah.......you still look about 24 :wink:

Best start appreciating your youthful 30s good looks.....before you get into your 40s and start looking back....

LittleMissScareAll

Wow 8O Thanks...oh yeah, I definitely have problems with guys. They all hate me. Just the other day I was talking to one of my old (guy) friends...I used to go see movies with him occasionally a few years ago--and he asked me if I wanted to do something with him. I had nothing better to do and wanted to get my mind off other things, so I said sure. And he never did show up. :x And I haven't seen or heard from him since. Things like this ALWAYS happen to me... I dunno, maybe if I was really talkative they might like me better, but I can't just become talkative... there's this new girl my mom works with and I'm so jealous of her...she's 9 years older than me, but she has all the good luck in the world. She gets ANYTHING & EVERYTHING she wants because she's really talkative and friendly to everybody(and sucks up to everyone too) and flirts with all males. I just wish I could be more like that. I wish I could have somebody else's brain. :?
And I'm sure you're really pretty... I look horrible without makeup though. Actually I think I look bad either way but I'm scary looking without it. 8O I'm sorry guys are mean to you :( Most people suck...alot of people do/say cruel things to me too....a good example is what I mentioned above. And the guy I was crazy about and was seeing not too long ago-- I found out just recently that he already had another girlfriend. :?
Hmm, maybe I really should consider moving to another country...at least try it and see what it's like. I honestly don't think people will like me no matter where I go though.

Fighter86 said:
Yeah, I agree with Danfalc. I saw your pix in the photo alblum section & thought that u look sort of like a model. U don seem like the kind who has problems wif guys. I thought only girls like me do. I look sort of average when I use make up(without it, I look horrifying!) & guys are really mean to me :cry: I frequently think that IF ONLY I were pretty....I think my life would have been very very different. Ps: maybe u cld consider moving to Singapore, the guys will love u !