Human Origins

JamieD

I was watching Quest last night, at 9 a show called 'The Worlds Strangest UFO Stories' came on. I've seen some before, the show's a bit silly actually, it mocks the Alien/UFO phenomenon for a cheap laugh in some bits. But anyway.. the episode last night was about Alien Intervention in human history. I've long believed in this theory, but the more you watch documentaries about it, the more and more it makes sense.
I'm not here to preach my beliefs but as far-fetched as it sounds, i think we need to take it seriously because in fairness some of the claims are extremely possible and maybe even quite likely. The theory goes that Aliens/UFO visitations are not a recent happening to our planet. It's been going on for a very long time, in the days when the earliest human cultures existed. These visitations made such an impression on these primitive cultures that as far as they knew, they could only be Gods.
Basically, ET visitations in out distant part were wrongly interpreted as 'Gods', possibly influencing religion. Hence forth.. all these cave paintings, biblical stories of Gods and 'flaming chariots' in the sky. You've only got to look to see that history is absolutely covered with depictions and stories of these visitations.

You're probably thinking WTF. Unfortunately this kind of stuff generally does bring about that sort of mindset, it's a huge thing to comprehend. But why so? We've made the trip to the moon, and that was only our first step into space? Is it such a wild suggestion to say that another (more advanced) civilisation did the same, but instead to earth?

The theory also suggests that Extra Terrestrials tinkered with our evolution, from when we were just a primitive species, giving us a helping hand with our evolution ultimately turning us into what we are today. There is possible evidence to suggest this too:
- The missing link in human evolution
- The sudden rise to civilisation, in caves one minute, cities, technology and civilisation the next.
- The creation story of Adam & Eve. Metaphor for Genetic Manipulation?
- Why we were the ONLY primate to successfully evolve like this. Why so sudden?

Oh and it's misconception that aliens actually built the Pyramids, i'm with the skeptics on this one- we did build them, but the knowledge, the know-how and the influence can from some place else ;) Not to mention why Pyramid structures pop up all over the world. Coincidence? Or was there a common influence?

But yea like i said, i don't mean to preach my beliefs, but it's just really intriguing if you're into this kind of stuff. I dare say most of you aren't and will probably flame me for this post ::p: But i was bored.. enjoy. :D

Luke1993

You've basically summed up the sci fi show Stargate lol! The Norse, Egyptian gods are actually revealed to be aliens who visited the Earth at different times. I can remember towards the end of the series Earth goes to war with a race called the Ori and they kinda imply that Jesus was an Ori, which is how he had supernatural powers.

coyote

I've always found the "Ancient Astronaut" theories to be fascinating (it's not new - Erich von Daniken published Chariots of the Gods in 1968)

lately, I've been intrigued by the theory that there was one or more very ancient, advanced civilizations that existed in pre-history, that came to end through some sort of cataclysm - either natural (like the Great Flood) or man-made (like a nuclear war)

there's a bunch of stuff all over the internet about this, if you want to get lost surfing for hours on end

JamieD

Haha trust me, i have got lost surfing for hours :D lol.
I think those cataclysms were natural disasters, and stories like Noah's Ark were tales of how the 'Gods' ensured our survival through these disasters. The Great Flood possibly being rising sea levels, or maybe even some wave from a comet impact. It all really makes sense if you look at these stories from a modern scientific point of view i think. Yea i've watched many shows about Erich von Daniken, i think he's a brave man declaring these new theories with the amount of ridicule he was bound to receive. But i'm glad he did, because i truly believe there is truth to them.