hullo, this is my first post here.

appletree

hey everyone, I hope you are all okay.
My name is Mark and I have suffered from hyperhidrosis for about 6 years now (I'm 19) It used to effect my palms only however now it is all over.
I have social anxiety as well, I have tried a few things with not much luck, I'm at the dermatologists this thursday and i'm going to ask if I can try robinul which is an oral medication with the side effect of reduced sweating.
I feel so down, nothing i try works and this has had such a huge impact on my life.
I'm unemployed (although I am at college two evenings a week and am hoping to go to uni in september)
and i'm worried people think it's because i'm lazy when in reality most days i am too depressed to do anything.
going to uni sounds a bit ambitious as well, i don't know how i will cope if i'm honest. I got a job in a bar in town a few weeks ago but quit after only one night there because i realised i wouldn't be able to handle it, if i'm under any sort of pressure..or sometimes if i'm just sitting around doing nothing my hands are dripping.
this is a bit of a long post! Well hopefully some of you can relate to me a little and maybe i will be able to relate with some of you as well.
take care- Mark

sadday

hi mark, do you know what you want to study in college? i think if a person is not sure of what they want to do there is nothing wrong with just taking a couple basic classes at a community college. but if you know what you want to do i would encourage you to go to college and pursue you career goals.

i'm in college graduating in may!!! it has been very tough as i sweat so bad. it started under my arms many years ago, but now i sweat just about everywhere excluding my face/head. and have developed social anxiety as a result of the HH. i too am unemployed and looking for a job but am having no luck. there is absolutely no way i could ever work in a restaurant/bar or do anything in sales such as a grocery store or clothing store. i get the shakes really really bad from the anxiety and i would be dropping stuff all over the place or punching in the wrong numbers in the cash register.

it's good you're seeing a derm. hopefully the robinul will work for you.

appletree

hey, thankyou! I like your picture, if you put the picture with the name appletree it would just be too much and the universe would explode.
xx

maggie

appletree said:
hey, thankyou! I like your picture, if you put the picture with the name appletree it would just be too much and the universe would explode.
xx
cool...i like fireworks :twisted:

grissom

hh

hi, i know youve already messaged me (nearly wrote massage then! lol) but ive only just seen this post so i thought id reply cos im in the same boat. im 18 and i go to uni... it was just what i thought was the next stage after doing A levels, its ok, ive been there 6 months -ish now and i do media studies which has always been my fave subject. i quit my job just after i started uni cos it was crap pay and the manager was a twat. it was very stressful and id like to get a new job but with no stress cos i get enough from my uni and hh. speak to u soon!

appletree

thank you for replying, i want to do either english with media or english with creative writing, at the moment i'm doing english literature at a-level ( i already have 3 a-levels) it's a bit boring! but i have to do it to get enough points to do the course i want to do.
i wish i did media at gcse level to be honest, my friend did it and he said it was awesome.
i asked my dermatologist to try robinul but he hadn't heard of it as an oral drug, i was however persistant and he said he would look into it for me as well as consulting an endocrinologist although i don't think that will be that much use, i am convinced this is a genetic disorder and until some major advances are made in gene isolation etc us hh sufferes won't have much luck.
when i say hh i mean all over, i know some of you will see this as unfair but compared to all over hh, less severe hh is more common, i have been blessed with it all over, yay :)
i'm currently using ditropan which reduces my sweating to the level that someone who sweats a lot would sweat at.
it's far from perfect but usually it is really bad.
ditropan has a few side effects as well which suck.
hope to talk to you all soon, thankyou those who replied. :)