HTML course assignment questions (web designer/developer)?

Witty_Name0_0

For my course i have to ask someone who owns a website(for more than 12 months) what they think is good and bad about their site.

Also, i need to ask someone who is in business but does not own a website, what they would like in a website. I must make a website based on their specifications.

So, in summary: If you have owned a website for more than 12 months i would like to know what you think is good and bad about your site... OR ... If you are in business and you don't own a website, create specifications and ideas for the site.

I will be making the website based on your specifications.

dottie

What is good:
functionality
ease of use
clarity
consistent navigation
pleasing color pallet
text is high contrast, clear, has leading 2pt larger than size of typeface, approx 42 characters in width, not layered over images, has sufficient padding
um, what else...

bad:
image maps
poor image quality
doesn't pass testing
cluttered
slow to load
excess coding / bloat
internal css
broken images / links / code
dead-end pages (having to use the back button in your browser due to poor nav)

Can go on and on... Hope this helps.

Last edited:

dottie

Please don't take it personal. A lot of us here like to remain relatively anon. There are a lot of creepers here (not implying that is what you are) but as a rule I prefer to not share things that give away personal information for my own protection. Even in PM.

Witty_Name0_0

Please don't take it personal. A lot of us here like to remain relatively anon. There are a lot of creepers here (not implying that is what you are) but as a rule I prefer to not share things that give away personal information for my own protection. Even in PM.
I understand.