How?

Emma

How do you learn to really trust someone??
Because I'm always aware of being hurt, and I want to trust this person completely, its not that I don't...its just I'm worried of screwing things up by being paranoid....and I don't want to do that :(
How do I let go of the hurt?

sidney

i dont think we can ever really know if a person can be trusted or not we just have to know their worth the risk, you will get hurt some time or another but when you get it right then it'll all be worth it :)
it also shows the person how much you care for them that you risked getting hurt again so hopefully they'll see that & appreciate you

Infected_Malignity

In order to do so, you have to let go of that pain and fly away. Don't care where it takes you immediately relationship-wise. If you have a good trip, who cares where you end up?

(psst - it's a metaphor!)

Emma

Whoa, I didn't say I didn't trust him....i just don't trust that I won't get hurt...or that I won't screw things up...but I trust him!!! 8O
I'm just worried that he'll dump me is all :(

RedRibbons

Maybe accept the fact and the feelings of the possibility of being hurt. Never invest 100% into anyone, until you truly know them (that takes a while), but if you don't invest too much, you don't get hurt too much. And just because you may not invest a lot right now, you will eventually be able to invest a lot into this person, as long as they don't screw up. Take it as it comes. :) good luck.