How to react to a girls ignorance when being hit on?

mindfreak

Ok, so here is the scenario:

You arrive at a party with a girl you have been talking to for a month. It hasn't gotten too serious yet, no conversation has been made making it a true exclusive relationship. But it feels that way and is certainly heading in that direction.

So at this party you introduce her with her name and not "this is my girlfriend" etc. You are talking to a couple of guys you just met and she walks up... so you introduce her. After some time one of the guys really starts hitting on her...

it progresses and she doesnt do anything...
doesnt try to let the guy know she is seeing someone...
doesnt hint to it...
doesnt try and stop him from getting really close to her... etc..

This did happen to me and the guy even jokingly proposed to her... she said yes ... and then he started referring to her as his wife...

What I ended up doing was going over there and got into there conversation then put my hand out for her to take and pulled her next to me out from under his arm...

Anyway...
My question is what are you suppose to do in this situation?

You would think that if she liked you enough she would have pulled herself away from that situation, or at least diffused it enough to show that she was just having fun not really interested...

Should you bring it up and make it a big deal even though you are not technically in an exclusive relationship?

This is something that really gets on my nerves when starting any new relationship. If you are not going to be considerate and be ignorant when a guy is hitting on you with me there then something is not right...

Richey

my last girlfriend would play me like a puppet, telling me i'm the one she really wants to be with yet when we went out drinking i'd catch her groping and smooching some of my best friends and virtually any person that showed interest, so i tested her a little and pretended i didn't see anything so the next day she started acting like nothing happened which proved to me she had issues, we had a fight and it ended right there, unfortunately it also meant the end of several friendships with high school friends i'd been around for ages because the trust blew out the window

alot of girls act like this these days, and i dont have a problem with her playing the field but do it honestly, don't act all two-faced and tell me the opposite of your actions, and don't rub my face in dirt by hitting on my friends while i'm in the room, jesus :?

my advice for her was to eat more fish :?

its put me off dating and those sorts of relationships after that .

I'm thinking maybe she likes you but you're taking it too slowly and not showing enough interest. I don't know but if you haven't yet maybe you could ask her out or get her alone and give her a kiss or something. But if you're not really showing any obvious interest in anything other than friendship then I'm afraid she's going to start looking for other guys...

siriusblack

mindfreak, the fact that he proposed to her makes me think it might be someone who is especially good at picking up girls, a pick-up artist, not much you can do about it, except become a better pick-up artist, show him and your girlfriend you're a better partner, show them you're more impressive, etc etc, learn card tricks(you'd be amazed at how useful they are),

i'm saying all this without having any experience though, i just know the theory

i've actually seen a video on the internet where a PUA proposes to a random girl who was at a party with several guys

and anyway, don't get mad at the pua or get annoyed, they'll use it against you,

and a PUA will not always progress their relationship with a woman, even if they do get his number. it's possible they're just doing it for practice

but then again, what do i know about all this