How to make friends?

shyboy1

How?? I am so lonely. I was driving around town last night (as i usually do each weekend) and look at all the happy people together in groups having fun times out. I wish I could be like that. :(

Quarkz

I ride around most weekends and observe all the people then go home and wallow. I know what you mean.

cody2468

shyboy1 said:
How?? I am so lonely. I was driving around town last night (as i usually do each weekend) and look at all the happy people together in groups having fun times out. I wish I could be like that. :(

Yeah, I am like that as well. One of the best ways to make friends is to find your self a hobby or something you really enjoy doing and join a group. You will meet people who are interested in the same things you are so you will have something in common and eventualy you will become friendly with someone there.

The only way to make friends and meet people is to get out there. You wont meet people by sitting at home on the computer, you need to leave your comfort zone and make an effort. It's easier said than done I know as I have got the exact same problem you have.

Remus

Staff member
at SAUK we organise meets and stuff.

why not do that in your own countries.

I'm organising a meet in Manchester UK

we got two yanks flying in :D

Anonymous

Want to know the EASIST way to 'make freinds'... win the lottery and have your name posted in the paper.... that'll work. Problem is, the friends will be phonies. But then, most friends are anyway when it comes right down to it.

nishah

about ur question HOW TO MAKE FRIENDS?? i think before making friends with others u should start first with urself.. befriend urself and start to accept what u have now... it's true that it's really very difficult for us sufferers to make friends but never lose hope on people if ever u attempted to make friend with a person and you failed never give up for he/she's not the only person in this world there are billions of them.. u just have to be patient and strong until u finally found the right friend ur looking for.. :wink:

Anonymous

mm i need friends too

Hi all,

I'm knew here.

My name is steven.

I too could use a friend.

I live in NW England.

I am 41

I like humour, music, reading non fiction, films, psychology, tv, true crime stories, martial arts, etc.

If anyone is interested in talking go ahead.

I wish I had a car to drive around in.

take care

steven

Yossarian

Meeting people is hard. It's hard for anyone let alone if you're SP :(
I think cody was right, we just got to get out there. I think most people find friends through work, hobbies or friends of friends. The latter probably won't help many here :lol:

Personally I'm a bit scared of meeting people. I've kind of become so used to being alone it would seem weird any other way.

Good luck to you and everyone else. I think life can seem empty without others to share it with, even if they do scrounge your fags.