How to deal with my arrogant, rude, confrontational boss?!

SilentAndShy

I don't want to go into the ins and outs of it but basically my boss is trying to force me into working a four weeks notice when I've only been in my job for under a month (it would be my fourth week tomorrow, Monday) and I don't need to give a notice.

On Friday, we had about 2-3 meetings where he was very vocal, aggressive and told me I had to work a four week notice. I spoke up a little bit but he steamrolled me over I'd say.

I do not want to go into work tomorrow because I have a feeling he will try to bully me into signing a deal that says a four week notice and him and my other boss will try to gang up on me.

I'm trying to do my research on legal employment because I'm not going to go in tomorrow and am preparing myself for a stressful day when they will try to call me and ask me why I'm not at work and I will respond because I've left and go into my research I've done.

I'm fearful but more stronger because I won't be there with them but need some advice on how people react when faced with confrontration and what you do to help you overcome it?

Hoppy

I employee people, so from my side:

If you have been working under 4 weeks, and you don't have to give notice, all you have to do is give them a letter informing them of your decision, and they have to accept it.

They cannot force you to sign anything, or expect you to work 4 weeks notice. Staying at home for your last workday is a good idea especially to avoid any confrontation. (lying a little bit and saying you don't feel well is also an option.)

Keep everything in writing. It anyway a good idea to write out exactly what happened and when if anyone queries you later.

If needed, switch of your phone and keep it of.

You are not their slave or married to them, you have decided from your side that you do not want to work with them. The only reason they object is because they do not want to go through the hassle of looking for another employee.

If you still have stuff you have to collect from work, ask one of the other people to bring it for you, or did as someone I once knew did and ask a policeman to go with you.

Good luck.

theoutsider

Your boss has obviously figured out that you are not a confrontational person and he is trying to intimidate you into doing what he wants. I've seen this happen dozens of times over. Hoppy's advice is excellent. You have no obligation whatsoever to give any type of extended notice at this point. Just don't put that job on your resume in your next search since you have only been there for 4 weeks and their reference would not be favorable if a potential employer called them.