How to deal with it

livinw/it

A few things that has helped me thru the years. I will never downplay the affects HH has on ones life, but i always remind myself it could always be worse. Make up the negative affects of HH with positives from other areas. For example:Try to defeat low self esteem with a great personality. If you're a nice, outgoing person it makes a great difference. If others find out you're sweaty(excessive) but really enjoy your company, it is much better than a sweaty jerk, weirdo,etc. And how often do you have to make physical contact compared to no contact anyways?!
Job interviews, same concept: defeat negatives with positives. A well prepared interview with confidence will "outweigh" a sweaty handshake!
Finally, there are more and more treatments, I know they dont work so well. But there were NO treatments when I first had HH. So they're getting better.
Yes, I know, easier said than done! But this has helped over the last 26 years at times. I still have many bad experiences with HH, but I'm livinw/it the best I can!

Nicholas

If others find out you're sweaty(excessive) but really enjoy your company, it is much better than a sweaty jerk, weirdo,etc. And how often do you have to make physical contact compared to no contact anyways?!
Job interviews, same concept: defeat negatives with positives. A well prepared interview with confidence will "outweigh" a sweaty handshake!

Sure. You can do that. But that only seems to work with palmar HH, which is what you have, right? I don't think you would be so optimistic if you had facial HH, for example.
I have generalized HH and it's a huge problem.

livinw/it

I do just have palmer HH. I know how hard that is, so I understand what you are going through is much more difficult. My suggestions are FAR FROM a cure all. But at times has helped me cope with it. Its been 26 years and Im still trying anything that will help!