How to ask someone if they want to know you.

chris11

Hey. So, people like to get to know each other, and become friends. I'm not exactly sure as to what to say to a person when you ask them if they want to hang out or w/e for the first time. Do you ask:

"do you want to get to know each other?",
"do you want to hang out?",
"do you want to get a cup of coffee?"
?

Ideally, the question used would carry the smallest amount of risk that the person you're asking would think that you're asking them out on a date. Also, it might be good if that question wasn't completly ruling this out either, for some point in the future.

Furthermore, is it fine if you wait until the two of you are more or less alone, so that you don't have to worry about asking the question in front of a bunch of people? Or, would this be considered creepy or strange?

I wish that I was better at this sort of thing. There's lots of social nuaince that I have a hard time dealing with--in addition to the anxiety (which isn't nearly as bad as it used to be).

PopulationZero

one does not ask another if he/she wants to get to know you. that is just strange and makes you sound like a computer. Interact with the person more, and if you both get along and seem to enjoy each other's company, ask to hang out some time or ask them if they want to do something specific.