How I cured my hyperhydrosis FOR FREE

Sophie67

Thank you! Im glad a did a search to help my son and found this site which led to the video. I want to help my son so much, it has really consumed him, and let it hold him back recently from some things.

Although I also have palmar hydrosis since age 9, and Im now 40, it has never bothered me as much as it does my son who is 17.
I might try it as well, although I guess Im so used to it, and didnt even know what I had until a couple of years ago, that I forget I even have it.

It has never embarrassed me as much as it does my son. I remember as a teen when dating my now husband for 21 years, I would sometimes try to pull my hand away to wipe the sweat, and he wouldnt let me, always saying it didnt bother him. And it didnt, nor never has stopped my husband from holding my hand, even when they were soaked, so I guess this helped me by having someone who just didnt care, and loved me and held my hand no matter how sweaty they have been.

Over the last year or two I have noticed that I have many hours per day with bone dry hands (my son actually noticed and brought it to my attention) and other times, usually after drinking coffee or being worried about something, my hands will sweat like crazy, or if it is very hot inside or out. So I wonder if my sweat glands are starting to wear out, as there are those many hours a day where there isnt a drop of sweat on them...
Still, I might try the treatments just to see what it would be like to have them try all the time, just for the heck of it, since Ive been this way since age 9.

My son cut his left hand up pretty bad skating today, so going to get some vaseline to put on the cuts so he can continue treatment. I will tell him to continue for as many days as needed, as I see some here took many days before hands went dry.

Also, might add a little soda if we dont see results soon. How much soda should we add, like a dash, or a half teaspoon? Dont want to add too much and burn his hands.

Thanks guys,
Sophie

PlaceboEffect

I feel bad for your son and I know exactly how he must feel right now.

As for the soda, just use a small pinch, Sophie.

By the way, I've found a site with detailed instructions on how to use home made iontophoresis... www.curemysweatypalms.com
Even though I've been using shannons design for quite some time the book I got from that site really cleared a lot of things for me and made the treatments wayyyyy more pleasant.

Good luck

Sophie, I am 46, and have had all my life, its just a pain, but you are right, most people do not notice like we think they do, I do add a little soda too. I will keep you posted as to my treatments!

Sophie67

How long have you been doing the treatments?
I want to keep my son encouraged, and expecting it to work,
even if it takes several more treatments, and continued upkeep treatment. He is such an awesome person, and I hate to see this make him a recluse as far as following his dreams that involve relations with others. I do understand the hand shaking thing, I always wipe my hands, do a quick shake, have been embarrast for a second, but always just carry on and forget about it.
I wonder if its harder emotionally to deal with for males? As they are supposed to be tough about things, and my son recently gave up a girlfriend due to his embarrasment about it. It makes me sad for him.
He has so much to offer as a person. He went through a tough time in jr. high and was smoking, drinking, and trying drugs.
I am so... proud of him because he quit it all on his own at age 16. He says he likes being sober and in control of himself, feels no peer pressure to use drugs or drink, and knows he never wants to be an alcoholic or drug addict, or ever smoke another cigarette.
So, I wish I could take away the sweaty hands for him, and I feel bad that he inherited it from me.
Right now my hands are dry as a bone, and if I could trade with my son and let my hands be sweaty all the time, and his be dry, I would.
Anyway, I will also keep you posted on his progress, and let you know if I try it as well.

This is the first time I have tried and am on day 10, a suggestion for your son, I always carry a handkerchief in my hand and wipe real good before I skake hands with someone, I am never without my hankie!!

iDShaDoW

Haha, too bad it's hard to always know when you're about to have to shake hands with someone.

Sometimes it would be so bad that as soon as I wipe my hands on my pants or something they'd be wet again with a couple seconds.

surfsider

Hey Sophie, I hope your son finds what works. I recommend he look into buying Hydrosal gel, it's an antipersperant like Drysol but in gel form. You can search it under google. You buy it and then you put it on at night and try not to move around until you fall asleep so it absorbs than you can wash it off the next morning, this has helped me although not fully but i'd say i've been applying either that or drysol to my hands for about 2 years now and I'm 21 and its helped with the sweating. It's harder to do for the feet though and works great for the armpits. I'm going to try iontophoresis next and hope that between iontophoresis and applying antipersperants i won't ever be thinking about my hands and whether their gonna sweat or not. Everyone's experience with HH is different so I recommend that your son experiment with a lot of things and applying different antipersperants or trying iontophoresis. I hope to try everything before even thinking of botox or ETS surgery. I've heard that for some surgery is a miracle and for others it's a disaster so it seems like a pretty big risk that's pretty much permanent. Oh and a quick question, did you HH get worse with age or stay pretty much the same? I'm hoping my stabalizes now that I'm pretty much done maturing. Thanks and good luck.

Sophie67

what about the wipes? Should I get those for him as well, or is the gel better?

Thanks for ALL your help and suggestions,
much appreciated!

Sophie :)

Sophie67

surfsider

Hi,
thanks for the suggestion, I am going to order him the gel today as well to use along with the home iontophoresis treatments.
So far, as of today, his left hand other than fingertips is dry!
But... nothing much happening with the right hand, very slight.
I am 40 now... OMG :) and my hands still sweat, but there are times when they are dry as a bone too, even dryer than my family members who dont have hyperhydrosis.
Honestly I hadnt even paid much attention to my sweaty hands for a long time, but because of my son, I have recentyly taken note some things that increase or make my hands really sweaty. If I am overwhelmed with concern or worry about something, if I drink too much coffee, or havent eaten well, or drink enough water when hot. Those things seems to increase my hands sweating.
I never really realized before either, that my hands feel sticky. I do wash my hands often, and that may account for the many hours of complete dry a day, or possibly it just improves with age as the glands may wear out.
Another thing I have noticed that is interesting, is that the palms of my hands have been bright red since this began when I was 9.
My sons palms are also red. Are yours?
Thanks again,
Sophie

Sophie67

Hi friends,

My son completed eight days of treatments, and his left hand is nearly completely dry! Other than finger tips.
The right hand however is still sticky clamy wet. To continue treatment on the right hand, we found that the left hand must also be in the other pan for it to make the current work.
Is it okay to continue treatment on this hand that is already dry? As it is the only way to get the current to work to continue treating the right hand that is still sweating.

I ordered him some hydrosal gel as well yesterday from canada.
I guess its not available in the US for some reason?

Thanks,
Sophie

surfsider

um well my palms are sometimes red and sometimes not like if they're air conditioning in the room and it's a comfortable temperature my hands will never go red. but if it's freezing outside most peoples hands will turn red from what i've seen. Also ive seen a lot of people with red hands that have dry hands. My dad for example has bright red hands almost all the time mainly on the sides of them and his are always dry. Maybe i got it from his side and he had it as a kid ever so slightly and got worse with me but i don't know. The thing is is that if you think about your hands they'll most likely sweat. Most people go throughout the entire day or even their entire lives not noticing or caring if they're hands are sweating. Maybe we're just more self conscious of our body's or have evolved more than other people. But a lot of people have this condition to various degrees. Truth is our hands and feet were made to sweat, they have more sweat glands on them then any other body part by a lot. I think it's good that your hands are slightly red or marbled because that means their getting good circulation, it would be bad if they were purple or blue. Also if you're light skinned for example and have light hair or light eyes your skin tone tends to be a pinkish or white, it all depends. I hope that iontophoresis works for your son, I'm going to try it soon. I just hope this condition doesn't get any worse as they say it peaks in adolesence or gets worse in early adulthood so I'm 21 now i hope this means adolescence is over with. I want to move to a colder climate, my hands never at all sweat when it's colder which is a good thing because i can control it with temperature.

beckiboo

oh dear, Im just really confused atm about how many treatments to do and how to do maintenence also. I get such varying results due to the fact I have no set way of doing it. Say I manage to get my hands dry, I try to repeat the process and I might not get the same result again, for example, the last time my hands were dry I did a treatment a day for 6 days and did 2 treatments on the 7th..I wasnt dry straight away so I decided to take a 2 week break and start over...5 days into my break from it I had completely dry hands. This is what made me think my hands need 5 days to settle after finishing the course of treatments. So, with this in mind when I went back to doing treatments I did one a day for 6 days and on the 7th day I did a 30min session, 15mins per polarity. My hands were not dry but I didnt worry because I thought in 5 days they would calm down again..im now on day 6 after finishing the treatments and theyre still sweating a bit..not as much as they would normally but still enough to be annoying! and im really upset because ive got a social event next saturday the 11th, and I really dont know what to do to get my hands dry in time!! do I just leave it and see if they dry up or do a couple of treatments to boost it a bit or what?! im so stressed about this!!

any suggestions much appreciated, can anyone who has made this work for them please help me with this? :cry:

Sophie67

Hey Becky,
I emailed Shannon through youtube, and he says to continue treatment until hands are dry. Do not stop treatment, unless you cant stand it, until it works. Maybe that is your problem. My son just completed 12th day, although his left hand has been mostly dry since 8th treatment.
You have to do both hands to conduct the current, one hand at a time wont work.
My son has some minor burns on his thumbs, which he puts vaseline on before doing treatments. They arent really bad, so he chooses to continue treatment. Finally his right hand is starting to respond on the palm, just fingers still sweating. He is going to continue as Shannon suggests until they are completely dry! Then he will do the maintenance treatments.

If no problems, I suggest you do the treatments daily until your sweating stops altogether. Then do maintenance from there.

Best of Luck to you!!!

ramone2285

has anyone noticed pain in the wrist after doing this treatment? like when i rotate my wrist a bit it hurts (not from the water line in the water). i'm wondering if it's because of this treatment because i've never had this pain before.

kingflab

:lol:

Wrist pain you say?

I have the same problem, definitely the Idromed. Got to be. Can't think of anything else that would do it. Yup. Idromed.

¬_¬

hubh

Ok, I've read the entire thread.. Every post, so I think I pretty much know what to do but I still prefer to focus some direct questions..

General Info first
I'm 22 years old, suffer HH in palm and underarm.. For underarm I ordered Odaban (should arrive in a week or two) and for palm I wish to use this method...

My palm issue is annoying but not very severe.. Its not dripping wet but moist and wet.. I find myself rubbing my hands against my pants most of the time and always before I shake someone's hands or something... I will also add that it seems that if Im in a room where its not to hot and I dont think about my hands sweating, most of the time they wont sweat..

1. Which platform is best to use? Alu' foil or something else?

2. My biggest fear is the part where people say they "now sweat even more than they used too".. I do understand thats a part of the process and does stop at some point but I'd like to know for how long will I sweat more and does it happen to everyone or just some people?

3. Ill be using 18v for twice a day.. If I do start to get burn marks, should I put Aluvera before or after the treatment? (i.e put my hands in the "device" while they have aluvera on them)

4. I read that you shouldnt put your palm in the bottom of the "device", instead let it float? Just make sure the entire palm is in the water?

I think thats it.. I bought 2 9v bat's but couldnt find any theeths to connect them.. Its friday and everything is closed right now.. Have to wait till Sunday or something..

Thank you very much

k98_man

I haven't tried this method. In fact I just want to wait until summer after this year (senior year of highschool) before I start messing with my hands. I'm emotionally strong enough to deal with the rest of the year so there is no point in a) making it worse b) spending my time during the year trying to figure this out when I should be studying! :p

I'm 18, 160 lbs and 6 ft. and have never tried anything. I've dealt with HH on my hands and armpits and I really dislike the idea of using chemicals to treat this. Some have side-effects that are quite bad...

To try and answer your questions hubh:

2. I think days 3, 4, and 5 were supposedly the days that sweat a lot before it gets better. Worse before better (but remember I don't have experience, I'm just going from what I read).

4. Also from what I've read from Placeboeffect, you should not touch the pans with your hands. Keep them floating in the water to get the best results.

Sophie: I'm sure your son is having a hard time, and I am too, but don't blame yourself and make sure he doesn't get too psychologically damaged by it either. He obviously has a loving mother and I'm sure plenty of his good friends couldn't careless if he had sweaty palms. It can be even easier for you to parent because you're in the same situation. My parents try to help and it does no good, because they have no experience :p

Anyway, I'm going to post more on this thread in a few months when I actually begin to try this treatment. It looks pretty good so far. How does it work exactly? What about the current prevents sweating?

Best of luck

hubh said:
2. My biggest fear is the part where people say they "now sweat even more than they used too".. I do understand thats a part of the process and does stop at some point but I'd like to know for how long will I sweat more and does it happen to everyone or just some people?

4. I read that you shouldnt put your palm in the bottom of the "device", instead let it float? Just make sure the entire palm is in the water?

BiGz

Thought I'd bring this one back to the surface as I've started this. Not to much to report right now other than I've done about 5-6 treatments with no real results.

As stated in the treatment for underarms thread I've made up my own underarm devices. First I simply wrapped cotton wool around the wire than I started using sponge cloths folded over foil with the alligator clips attached. If anyone attempts this make sure you only start with a 6volt battery as I stupidly with out thinking made the switch over from treating hands and used 18volts. I literally jumped out my chair, even 12V is uncomfortable.

I'll keep everyone updated as I'm sure there will be those with axillary HH who are keen to know how it works. My feeling is though that if its not successful its down to 2 things or combination of both. That is not being able to immerse the underarms completely in water so may dull its effectiveness and also not being able to run enough voltage. Although I expect the last to be due to a higher concentration of current seeing as its not being run into a pan full of water.

I'm expecting to see results from treating hands as most who persist seem to. As far as underarms go if what I'm trying does not work than I have one last ploy before I'll give up. Best way to describe it is to think of a water proof band aid and reverse its purpose. And that is to try keep water in except obviously its going to have to be a lot larger than a band aid. I'm toying with the idea of using thin rubber sheets with water proof adhesive along the edges and running connections through for adding water and of course the wires. If the concept works than I can't see it not working as well as treatment for palmar.

g35

ok I'm gonna give this thing a shot, as life moves on I can't afford to have sweaty hands anymore..... I'm gonna graduate from college soon and palmar hh is gonna mess up my work life for sure, I have one concern about this tho.

If this works, I will continue using it until new effective treatments come up. Will this do any harm to your body in the long run? The thought of passing electricity through my body kinda concerns me about whether this would affect vital organs like my heart?