How I cured my hyperhydrosis FOR FREE

C

celticjon

Hello Everyone, I've never posted before but I just wanted to share my Hyperhidrosis experience and ask a question.

I'm 21 years old, and I've suffered from palmer, plantar, and (somewhat) underarm hyperhidrosis for as long as I can remember (about 8 years old with hands/feet). I've never found anything that works before, except this Iontohporisis. I've always considered my hyperhidrosis moderate to severe, although I've never tested that against anything.

Anyway, since last week I've tried the Iontohporisis procedure outlined in the youtube videos, and although I was skeptical at first, it really works.

For Days 1 & 2: I noticed no change whatsoever
By Day 3: a small section of my left palm was dryer than normal.
By Day 4: Most of my Left Palm was dry, except the fingers and the parameter.
By Day 5: My left palm was dry (minus fingers) and my right palm was about 50% dry.
By Day 6: Both of my hands were about 95% dry.
By Day 7: Both hands were 100% dry!!!

I'm currently on day 10 of my treatments (doing them everyday for 10 minutes and then switching the polarity for another 10 minutes).

I never believed that anything would work for my hyperhidrosis, and now I can spend the whole day with 100% dry hands. I'm so happy!!

My Questions are:
When should I start doing maintenance treatments, and what frequency should I do them on?

How long do the batteries usually last for effectiveness (I'm using 3 -- 6V lantern batteries)? The treatments don't seem to pack as much "punch" as before, but maybe that's because my skin as become use to it.

Thanks so much to everyone here, and especially to PlaceboEffect and Shannon Bowling!!

A

anxiety girl

I can't believe I found this, I wish I'd found it sooner. I'd been trying in vain to ignore my HH after deciding robinul forte wasnt for me (the side affects were too much). Then today I remembered summer was coming, no more hiding in boots and socks. Hands pouring sweat way more than they do in the winter. Just so sick of it. I've had HH ever since childhood, don't remember a time w/o it, and I'm 24 now.

As soon as I read about everything in this thread I ran out and bought the supplies. 3 6v lantern batteries, wires, and pie pans for hands and roaster pans for feet. I did the hands and am doing feet now. It feels less intense, like barely anything, on my feet and I think I'll step it up to 24v next time.

Do you guys try to float your feet in the water as you do your hands? Does it matter?

Sweaty fingers crossed.

T

TaylorWhitt3117

I had HH for as long as I can remember, I have been doing the treatment now for 4 days with 3, 6 volt latern batteries connected to 2 aluminum pie pans. I make sure to add both salt and baking soda to the water each time. After 4 days I honestly think they are sweating more. I'm getting kinda nervous becase i want this to work so bad.

Also the treatments are very painful for my fingertips. Has anyone else experienced this also...

T

TaylorWhitt31169

I have now been doing the treatment for 10 days and have even bumped up the voltgage to 24 volts and still have seen absolutly no results, i know i'm doing it right because ive read everyones comments and watched the you tube video a bunch... the only thing i do dif is put some duct tape over a few of my finger tips because if i don't it just is an unbarable pain, SO WHAT IS GOING ON???THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO WORK!!!! CAN ANY ONE BE OF ANY HELP? PLEASE...

g35

18V was too weak for me, as soon as i bumped it up to 24 volts my sweating is pretty much gone. Taylor, here are a few things you should check first:

1) make sure your palms are just touching the surface of the water, DO NOT submerge your palms into the water or it will not work.
2) add baking soda,works wonders
3) DO NOT add too much water into the pan, i realized around 1cm water level is sufficient
4) Do the session once a day for 30 minutes

T

Taylor18918

I emailed the guy who put on the you tube video and he said some people don't report results until after 12 or so days, and some people with really bad cases (i have it pretty bad) need to go around 20 days to see results. So I think I'll continue with the 24 volts. And I also can say I have been putting a lot of water in and for the first 6 or so treatment I completely submerged my hands, but the last few I haven't... And do you need to submerge your finger tips?

g35

NO, do not submerge the finger tips.
In my opinion, those are the most difficult to get dry. I try to have only the front of the finger tips touching the water. Give it a go and don't be afraid to put more baking soda if needed. I just kinda pour that stuff in, unlike others here, who only use tea spoon full

skillzx3

Hey, I have been silently following this forum for a while now. My past experience with iontophoresis has shown no success, I have tried changing every variable etc, looking at all the little hints and tips. Infact I even bumped up the voltage to 42 volts at one time, I was that desperate. Anywyas, after a long time without any gains (20+ sessions) I gave up. I recently restarted, I live in Vancouver, Canada, the cleanest, softest water in the world. I believe this is the main culprit of all my woes, so my questions are:
where do I find a source for solvent (water) (other liquid?)
what do i add to the water (I add baking soda till it does not mix, that does not work for me....)
finally, how do i arrange my multimeter to read the current passing through my hands.
having any of these questions answered will be wonderful!
Thank You!

A

Another one

Have been looking into this build your own ionto machine and wondering how it works also. After reading some of the youtube comments I have noticed some uncertainty as to whether the hands/feet should touch the electrodes (or pans in this case)

My first thought was that the pores in the skin were being blocked with (negatively charged) aluminium ions, but if this were true, then surely using stainless steel pans would not work? Also, if this were true, or other negatively charged ions were responsible, then only one hand is getting successful treatment at a time.

Has anyone tried not reversing the current mid-way through each treatment? Does only one hand stop sweating?

If the success of this treatment can be attributed to either +ve or -ve ions, then it may make sense during treatment for one hand to be in contact with the pan and the other one (the one getting the treatment) not touching the pan.

Questions, questions.....

Aliasd

When switching polarity how long do you keep your hands out the water for? I found when i take my hands out there is a lot of tingling in my hands so I took a rest for 1 minute and then switched.

1 treatment done so far on 24 volts 3 amps and 10 mins per side