how do you say you don't want to actually nicely?

LazyHermitCrab

Sometimes i'll have plans with someone and on that day the person will say change of plans this is going to happen. It feels like a trap because I already said yes before and now I don't want to. Does anyone know what to do? People get hurt apparently when I say nevermind but I dunno how else to do it. :(

jaim38

I would give it another try and if it doesn't work out the second time around, maybe it's time to make some changes.

IcedEarth25

Yeah I used to feel this way a lot, because I'm obsessed with routine like for e.g. me and a friend would plan something, then that would change and I'd feel nervous bout the change cause I was already committed to that first plan and was worried bout what the change might be, always been like that. The only advice I can give you is if you plan something and if it changes just go along with it and try to include something that you might want to do aswell, if that makes any sense.

Steiner

I got very good at saying no to stuff. After awhile everyone stopped trying to reach out to me.