How do you reject people inviting you out

JustAShadow

I'm sorry if this thread has already been made but I didn't find it.

So... I have a problem...
An old friend that I haven't seen for 3 years called me today and asked me if I wanna hang out some time and I said yeah (I couldn't say no)
But now I'm thinking of excuses and ways to get out because I really can't do it, it would be to much anxiety for me.

So what excuses do you make up when someone asks you to hang out or something?

Kiwong

It worries me too. Relatives and others asking me to meet up with me. I am really in no shape to meet people with my current levels of anxiety.

At work when people ask me to go for drinks, or if I get ivited to a party I simply say no. That is not hard because I don't know these people.

HeadFace

I agree. It is hard to reject people when they ask to hang out... Especially if there's big chances it'll probably turn out awkward for you. If I need to reject them, I just say no thanks
Not feeling well
etc
But that usually just results in them ask you to hang out later on. Maybe you should just go?

Damaged

I normally just tell them the truth, and if i do this i find that i cope better with panic attacks around them, so if they understand what goes on with me i find something more comfortable for us to do :)

If you don't wanna tell them the truth, just tell them you have a family birthday event or something like that.

be_noticed

well my friends never ask me out i dont know why, maybe because i live far away from them or because im boring...dont know. but when they do, they always assume i have problems at home so they dont bother. i dont really go out much anyway so they cant tell the difference if im not at the event anyway.