how do you forgive someone who never apoligizes?

LazyHermitCrab

I feel like this is a main source of anxiety for me. Sometimes I replay over and over what someone has done/said negative towards me or with no care about me in mind. It's hard looking back not being able to defend myself. These days if someone says something that makes me mad I defend myself more but sometimes it comes out ruder than I meant, but it's still better then letting people think they can say whatever to me without getting how it feels back. I keep to myself 99% of the time (except for a real or potential friend) so if someone wants to be rude then too bad... is there a way to get over the past other than just saying it was no big deal. I guess only time helps but sometimes it takes a ton of years... and then when you think someone is done ruining your life they come back thanks to technology and it "being a small world" and then I have to add time again x.x ugh...

dany

The past is in the past! You can not change anything you did, said or not said in the past. It's just the way it is and you can not change that, but... you can change what you will say in the future. Focus on what you wanted to say in the past and didn't had the chance to say it and when the next opportunity arrives, just try to make up the situation you lost in the past.

This way you can forget about the past and be relieved because you had the chance to do it right now.

LazyHermitCrab

The past is in the past! You can not change anything you did, said or not said in the past. It's just the way it is and you can not change that, but... you can change what you will say in the future. Focus on what you wanted to say in the past and didn't had the chance to say it and when the next opportunity arrives, just try to make up the situation you lost in the past.

This way you can forget about the past and be relieved because you had the chance to do it right now.

Thanks Einstein :p