How do you feel about the 7 posts per day rule!

exuser01

I've been to sites where so many people post so much that a lot of threads get ignored, so keep the limit but maybe umm allow us to have 1 or 2 more posts a day.

LittleMissScareAll

i rarely wanna post more than that anyway, but i think it's kinda dumb that there is a limit. it should be at least 10 or something per day if they absolutely have to have a limit.

Danfalc

Banned
I defo agree it should be a little higher.I guess can understand the reason for having it in the first place.But sometimes you can use up all your posts in just one topic... and it sucks when someone replies to you cos i feel rude that i cant reply back.Yeh i know theres mm and pm's but im kinda scared of using them :oops:

Gloomy

I hope I dont' regret using this post.
I plan on leaving this site soon. Much of the reason is the post limit. I have only been stopped by the post limit once but that was when I really needed to post. I think this site has gotten much more negative after the post limit. People don't post positive posts because they are afraid of wasting a post. People have a lot of problems with pms so they aren't very reliable.

Remus

Staff member
Its out of the people on the sites hands, including the moderators, we all dont really like it but the webmaster has kept it inplace, I still do not know the reason, maybe costs?

Nie

So far I've never used up all my posts, except one time when there was this person who asked about suicide with sleeping pills.
I wanted to reply to him to help him and to tell him some very important things about that issue, but I couldn't because I had already posted seven times.
Next day it was gone.
I don't know why there is a limit, but it bothers me.

Nie

jinxed said:
Gloomy said:
I hope I dont' regret using this post.
I plan on leaving this site soon. Much of the reason is the post limit. I have only been stopped by the post limit once but that was when I really needed to post. I think this site has gotten much more negative after the post limit. People don't post positive posts because they are afraid of wasting a post. People have a lot of problems with pms so they aren't very reliable.
I totally agree w/ you Gloomy, and others, but also if you leave you'll be missed by me and I'm sure others...How come the webmaster doesn't reply to posts like these.

Perhaps the webmaster has problems with the data traffic costs so it was limited ..

I never didn't post cause I was afraid of using up my posts too quickly.
When I wanna say something or help someone, I don't want to be influenced by something like that.

Quixote

I thought this rule was intended to prevent people from quarreling or chatting like in a messenger, and sort of force them to write well thought of, constructive posts... ok six to go for today :D

IceLad

Rubbish. I think it should be around 10-15 a day.

I really want the home page to go back to how it was a few months ago- where there was a long list of the subjects recently discussed.

:evil:

Anonymous

I was under the impression it was done because some people were spamming the forums with pointless messages.

If someone explained to the webmaster that has not happened anymore, I think he would retract it or at least raise it. After all more traffic you would think would help the website...more ad clicks and such. Not that there are too many of those though so who knows...

renegade

And what if I will make myself 3 accounts in order to post 7*3, that means 21 posts a day ?

Do they track my IP or something ? Cause if they do, I'll post the other seven from another computer :lol:

So...come and get me 8)

Well of course the mods can't keep up with all the member names, so if some look similar to others it's doubtful there'd be a check to see if someone had two accounts...... lol.

:twisted:

cLavain

I can't believe this. No one knows why there is a 7 post limit?

Is the site run by a mysterious X-files-esque committee sitting in a dark room, refusing to speak even to the moderators? :?

Maybe this site is just one large psychological experiment? 8O