How do normal people communicate in this situation

redmatter

Ok, so I was trying to be friends with this girl at work. She's married, so I'm not trying for anything more than just being friends... but we were being friendly and everything seemed cool, having lunch or lunch in groups together, etc. Talking about things... and then one day, nothing. I wasn't sure if it was something I did or said or if she just thought I was a boring creep. Maybe I said something to someone else, I don't know what made her turn cold.

But I'm asking what regular people would do with it? Leave it alone completely? Say hi if I see them and move on? By the way, if I try to look at her or say high it's like she's completely empty and void - looks off in another direction. Or the other option is, do I ask if I said something? Would that come across strange or weird?

I have no social gauge so it's really tough for me to understand people
. I always feel like I'm bothering them all... maybe I is.

Oh, and by the way, nobody ever answers me as if I were a real person... like how everybody else talks to each other. In the past having done anything like this, they'd just smile strangely and act like they have no idea what I was talking about. It's all made me very confused about people, because I see everyone else "keeping it real" or whatever and shooting the ****. I sometimes think this just isn't my planet.

Last edited:
She might have just been in a bad mood or maybe something was going on her personal life and she was just being a bit weird. I wouldn't jump to conclusion that you did something.

Give it a few days, just continue to be as you always are, if after a couple days she's still weird, I'd just ask her straight out if she's upset with you.

HeadFace

I'd say wait a couple of days. Did you guys normal have conversations when you say each other, or anything like that?
Maybe if it drags on too long, then you should ask if you said something to upset her.

Fighter86

Give it a few days, just continue to be as you always are, if after a couple days she's still weird, I'd just ask her straight out if she's upset with you.

Yea, I think you should do that. You mentioned though she is married, do you think you could have done something that she misinterpreted as you trying to hit on her even though she's married? A misunderstanding somewhere.

D

deleted #89

yeah just wait a few days to see whats up then try again to "socialize" and if she doesn't respond then drop it. Listen people with SAD tend to think that we are responsible for every reaction a person has ...but that is NOT the truth. People other than you also have issues. Who knows why she reacted that way. Don't try to please people.....try pleasing your own values instead.

Last edited:

razzle dazzle rose

Maybe it is not you and it is something else. It would be appropriate to ask how she is doing and if everything is okay, and then just leave it at that; no need to ask if you did anything wrong. Continue with the regular greetings and such. You wrote this last month...so, how did things go?

pckhoi

Yeah, like others have said, why should you care? Her action could hardly ever be linked to you. After all everyone is living in their own world, you're just tiny speck in it.