How Do I Tell New Fellow About Agoraphobia

LadyLuck

Hey. I'm starting to see someone (two months in) and he's wonderful, but I have no idea how to tell him I'm agoraphobic (I can go out in familiar places, preferably accompanied, mostly during quiet hours, when I'm feeling well.). I'm pretty sure he's got the anxiety thing figured out on his own, but I know I should formally tell him I'm agoraphobic; just how? What is important for him to know? What timeline would be appropriate?

I'm new to this forum and I'm going to post an introduction soon, but I had to ask this right away. It's a HUGE step for me. This change is burning a hole in my mental pockets.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Hi LadyLuck, and welcome :)
I think if you really like this guy and want to pursue the relationship, the best relationships are built on honesty and trust.
When you two are alone, ask him if your having AG will make him feel different about you.

If he's a decent guy, he will understand and be non-judgmental.
It's also fair towards him if you let him know early on.
If you get in too deep emotionally, then let him know, you set yourself up for possible problems if he isn't aware of it.

I'm sure you will be fine and I hope you two are happy together :)

WeirdyMcGee

The best way I have found to tell people that I am agoraphobic is to explain what my mind goes through around people rather than just using the term 'agoraphobic'. Most people don't understand that word or just think of a hoarding cat lady.