How do I handle these co-workers?

jdiane

I am working in a company that I love. Have been here for almost 3 years and up until a few months ago, was getting positive feedback from the managers. My evaluations were going great, just a few little things here and there to improve on, but nothing that would imply that I wasn't the right person for the job and that I should be replaced. Well, just after my 2 year evaluation, which went good, 2 co-workers, who are always mean and disrespectful to me, started pointing out all my mistakes and making me look bad for the managers.. even picking out things that didn't have anything to do with my positon... basically, picking just to pick. I've been told by another co worker that it's just that i'm too sweet and a good target... I wonder if I wasn't quiet if they would leave me alone..It's been bothering me that they do this but have just taken it as just nosy employees.. well, Friday my boss told me that the 2 of them want me fired.. they want me gone and that they think I wasn't the right person for the job... How is it their place to say such a thing? after almost 3 years if i wasn't the right person for the job, wouldn't the management have said something??? that should have been brought up at my first evaluation...I was so sick this weekend because of the stress of that that my feelings were hurt so bad, I could barely eat.. My question is, now how do I act around these two girls? I see and talk to them several times daily.... I can't avoid talking to them because my job requires communication with them.. I am so hurt and mad!! with the economy as it is, why would you imply that someone who is hardworking and extremely friendly to everyone be fired? I live paycheck to paycheck and I wouldn't exactally find anything quickly with the economy as it is.. How would you handle being around them? My manager suggested that I make a list of all the negative things they do that affect my job, which I actually have been for about 3 months, and email it to my boss... My list so far is 3 pages long of all the disrespectful things they do and say to me.. anyways, how do I handle being around them, knowing that they dislike me so much that they want me fired! Gone for good!!?::(:

Last edited:

I_jailed_me

I am working in a company that I love. Have been here for almost 3 years and up until a few months ago, was getting positive feedback from the managers. My evaluations were going great, just a few little things here and there to improve on, but nothing that would imply that I wasn't the right person for the job and that I should be replaced. Well, just after my 2 year evaluation, which went good, 2 co-workers, who are always mean and disrespectful to me, started pointing out all my mistakes and making me look bad for the managers.. even picking out things that didn't have anything to do with my positon... basically, picking just to pick. I've been told by another co worker that it's just that i'm too sweet and a good target... I wonder if I wasn't quiet if they would leave me alone..It's been bothering me that they do this but have just taken it as just nosy employees.. well, Friday my boss told me that the 2 of them want me fired.. they want me gone and that they think I wasn't the right person for the job... How is it their place to say such a thing? after almost 3 years if i wasn't the right person for the job, wouldn't the management have said something??? that should have been brought up at my first evaluation...I was so sick this weekend because of the stress of that that my feelings were hurt so bad, I could barely eat.. My question is, now how do I act around these two girls? I see and talk to them several times daily.... I can't avoid talking to them because my job requires communication with them.. I am so hurt and mad!! with the economy as it is, why would you imply that someone who is hardworking and extremely friendly to everyone be fired? I live paycheck to paycheck and I wouldn't exactally find anything quickly with the economy as it is.. How would you handle being around them? My manager suggested that I make a list of all the negative things they do that affect my job, which I actually have been for about 3 months, and email it to my boss... My list so far is 3 pages long of all the disrespectful things they do and say to me.. anyways, how do I handle being around them, knowing that they dislike me so much that they want me fired! Gone for good!!?::(:

Why dont you ask them whats wrong? May be if someone went to them and said something bad about you they could have miss understood you, asking always clears the question. It could be that you may have come up arrogant or lasy and you would not have recognized it. Its better to invite them to a cafe and chat(if you can) or have a chat during lunch.!

Also why dont americans save up? If the economy is in bad shape it gives all the more reason to save.

worrywort

I'd try to talk to them about it. And if pos, talk to each one individually, because it sounds like these two girls might be a bit of a duo, and one thing that forms bonds better than anything else between two people is to find a common enemy. That's why people gossip so much. If they can agree upon a common enemy it makes them feel more bonded between themselves. So maybe these girls have just set you up as their common enemy, for no apparent good reason [unless you're earning more than them perhaps?] and now their gossiping has gone too far. If you could just take one of the girls aside and talk to her about how you feel, maybe even over lunch or something, she might be a little less hostile without the other girl around.

Good luck, I hope you find a solution.

Lea

Banned
It looks like mobbing, and it goes on (sooner or later) in every collective. That´s why I don't want to work in a collective.

Talk to your boss and you should request him to take action. I mean you have been their longer then them.
If you are in a union you could turn to them also.
I really think that people like this have no place in a working environment but the world does not look like that.

apollo

It sounds like they have formed an alliance. Douchette and turdette-sandwich. As long as the manager has your back you'll be fine. Be nice to one over the other. That might make the other one paranoid.

jdiane

I sent my boss the list of stuff that they have been doing to me that affect my job and how I do it. I spoke with him briefly on the phone today but didn't bring up the email, neither did he.. If it's not mentioned tomorrow, i'll as the manager about if he got it. She should know because she is his direct contact. One of my coworkers yelled at one of them saying that was a crappy thing to do, especially now, trying to get someone fired... Not sure that made any difference to her.. she is very cold and manipulative and plain doesn't care.. Yes i believe it is an alliance and they have picked me as their common enemy.. I really love the job and don't want to go, but I feel like i'm in a bad relationship.. I want it to work, but if it's over, then just let me go.. don't string me along if they are going to win and get me fired....