How do I even make friends?

Social_Monstrosity

When I'm incapable of striking up a conversation with somebody? It doesn't help that I'm unemployed and don't go to school either. :/

I just know a social life would vastly improve my quality of life but I'm incapable of acquiring one...I feel like I always give off creeper vibes since I always do everything alone (go to movies, concerts, etc) in order to attempt to conquer my anxiety.

Lanciao37

Its possible to make good friends,even with our problems.
A good way to start off is just saying Hi, Dont even say it directly to a person,just say it out loud when standing next to them! And they will think its you, If they are friendly they will answer with "HI", You must then ask their name or something really simple like where they are from? so its easy for you.Dont get into complex questions or talk about the Governement. Ok theres a good chance they are as*holes and not talk back, But thats a chance you have to take. I have made good friends this way.

I can also make friends online. I am a member of some forums that are about my interests and I found a few people that share that interest and we became friends on IM. Ok they dont really know me, and I dont really know them, But we talk most days about our interest, and thats really all I want from a Friendship right now.

LazyHermitCrab

sign up for a dating site and say you're actually looking for friends and try to make two friends and hang out with them at the same time so it's not like a date or something....;)

bigcat1967

You could try to get a part-time job and find a friend there. At the same time - take a class (something you enjoy) and start talking a little bit to ppl.