How do/did your teachers in high school treat you??

Social_Monstrosity

From what I noticed, my teachers either loved me or despised me.

They loved me because I was (usually) a bright student and I never caused any problems or drama.

On the other hand, quite a few didn't care for me at all and would let their preconceived notions drive their opinion of me. Some didn't like how quiet I was, or how I NEVER participated. Math teachers especially didn't like me since I was...pretty -bad- at math and never asked for help in shame of looking stupid. And my Chemistry teacher always referred to me by my last name. Everyone else? Their first names.

I don't miss high school one bit. :p

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Depended on the class. I got straight A's and followed directions so most teachers liked me for that. Many seemed indifferent for the most part, and I can't think of a teacher that didn't like me right now, but I feel like there was one.

Social_Monstrosity

They always spoke to me in a very patronizing way. As if I was retarded or a child. Drove me nuts.

I had one teacher who was like that. It was in Algebra and as a class we were answering questions from homework by our seating arrangements and he just skipped me and one of the other students asked why he didn't ask me to answer the next question. His response?

"Oh, he doesn't even talk."

Then the class snickered. It was so embarrassing, but since then I've learned to live with it.

Forgotten-Children

Most of my teachers liked me with the exception of one during my 5th grade Social Studies class. She scared the **** outta me because she would yell at me if I got something wrong or slipped up reading a paragraph from the book. (I studder a lot when I read)

Blaze

Some liked me, some didn't.

Freshman year in high school was rocky, I loved causing trouble and didn't get along too well with most of my teachers.

Sophomore through Junior years I began to chill a little bit. My SAD really started taking hold around this time but I was still able to maintain a semi-normal life. I was always a bright student but I think I showed a lot of effort those years. I got along with most of my teachers during this period, but a couple didn't like me cause I was one of those "stoner kids".

Senior year sucked hard. All of my friends had graduated and or kicked out/moved to another school. I didn't talk much to anyone and ended up not going to school all together. I had enough of everyone's crap and told the school I wanted to finish school an alternate way. Ended up graduating early with near straight A's.

A lot of my teachers always told me I had such potential, but here I am just wasting years of my life working at some BS retail store. I never started going to college and have almost no desire to do so still.

I've typed enough I think, so I'm done. lol

lunaticbinge

Teachers don't deliberately make their students feel retarded and I would say they would get fired for doing that. Teachers like to give constructive criticism to their students if they like say didnt make good grades on the a math test or whatever.

I'm not saying they wanted to make me feel retarded, but if they wanted to give me some constructive criticism they should have treated me like the adult I was. They talked to me in the same way you would talk to a child and that's just disrespectful.

lunaticbinge

lol are you talking about college? cause you said "adult".

I was an adult for two years of high school. Even before that most kids in the school were mature enough for an "adult" conversation. They spoke to me as if I were 5.

Last edited:

doubleM

my high school teachers werent very nice but sometimes helpful. but college professors are some of the most arrogant pretentious bastards ive ever seen. i cant learn anything from them. they think they know it all. i learn more from tutors than them. sometimes i wonder why im paying for college when i can learn more from youtube.

lunaticbinge

I always thought people considered high schoolers kids still heh thats a first though.

Teenagers are not children IMO. They are not quite adults, but they are perfectly capable of intelligent conversation. I've seen teenagers on this site speaking more fluently than me. A teacher should be treating their high schoolers as adults since they are partly responsible for their transition into adulthood.

Last edited: