How can you supress the need to eat junk food?

Masychefx2

Banned
im trying to diet over summer and i eat alot of bad foods i try pretty hard but then just eat loads of bad foods how do you supress the hunger for sugary foods?

Anomaly

This is one of the great questions of mankind, along with "Who am I?", "Why am I here?", "Is there purpose?", and "Dude, where's my car?".

lunarla

Cultivate a taste for healthy food and try and eliminate the bad stuff! It's not an easy thing to do, but it's worth it.

Felgen

What worked for me:

- Go for a walk for an hour every day (this helps against depression as well)
- Go to the gym and get a little more buff
- Buy healty alternatives to junk food. For instance, buy chicken (not KFC-ish chicken) instead of burgers. Instead of coke, drink coffee--it has many times the coffein, but only a small part of the calories. :D

Masychefx2

Banned
What worked for me:

- Go for a walk for an hour every day (this helps against depression as well)
- Go to the gym and get a little more buff
- Buy healty alternatives to junk food. For instance, buy chicken (not KFC-ish chicken) instead of burgers. Instead of coke, drink coffee--it has many times the coffein, but only a small part of the calories. :D

thanks man

at the moment im to on edge to use a gym too self consioucs, but i will bike and walk...

antother thing i want to sort out is waking up late ive got into a spiral of sleeping in till like 2pm and i want to get out of this as its not healthy to sleep so much.. and maybe a coffee apple diet?? haha

Felgen

thanks man

at the moment im to on edge to use a gym too self consioucs, but i will bike and walk...

antother thing i want to sort out is waking up late ive got into a spiral of sleeping in till like 2pm and i want to get out of this as its not healthy to sleep so much.. and maybe a coffee apple diet?? haha

Contrary to popular belief, it's not healthy to eat many apples. Eat less carbs and more proteins. :) I'm not saying that you shouldn't eat carbs (you'll still need energy), but any excess proteins will be converted to carbs in your body.

Felgen

thanks mate can you explain a carb is like chips and pizzas?? and protien is like red meats etc...

Carbohydrates are mostly found in bread, potatoes, fruit, vegetables and so on. Proteins are found in meat, fish and eggs.

Furthermore, there's a difference between fast carbs and slow carbs. Try to avoid the former except as your first meal after training. Eat the latter for breakfast and roughly an hour before training. Slow carbs are found in wholemeal bread, oatmeal and potatoes, just to mention a few. Fast carbs are found in sugar, bananas, raisins and white bread.

Good luck! :)

coyote

does it rly work, or did u try hard? :p

Good book - really! Gives you a whole new appreciation of what FOOD actually is or should be and how to eat right.

Basically - eat real food, not the crap made in a laboratory somewhere.

I try to eat this way now - I feel much better now than I used to when eating imitation food-like substances.