how are you supposed to beat this

Dave1989

when you know people are laughing at you? even my girlfriend this morning noticed someone she works with drive past looking and laughing, obviously she thought nothing of it but for me its just one in a long line of similar experiences, the whole point of cbt is to change negative thinking patterns but i cant see how its possible to do that when these type of things happen day in day out.

MsBuzzkillington

I would suggest not taking their laughing personally. You don't even know for sure what they were laughing at. Just because they were looking in your direction and laughing, doesn't mean they were laughing at you.

Change your thinking to realize that anyone who laughs at anyone else who is struggling (or laugh at any one for any reason really) are scum and they aren't worth a second thought. They aren't worth any of your time or your sadness. Life is better off without those people in your life. Just tell them to eff off and then go on with your life. The only people who matter, are the ones who are nice to you.

DespairSoul

when you know people are laughing at you? even my girlfriend this morning noticed someone she works with drive past looking and laughing, obviously she thought nothing of it but for me its just one in a long line of similar experiences, the whole point of cbt is to change negative thinking patterns but i cant see how its possible to do that when these type of things happen day in day out.

I know too they are laughing on me im pretty sure with that. But not everyone as i paranoic think and on you too not. This is outcome from SA. That we deep believe thats deserve every look,every evil smile to us. Logic not everything rulezz about us. We arent superstars:) We are normal usuall people with more sensitivity on those situation. I alone to dont know how go out from this magic circle what is closing tide around me. I feel the same like you. I give me those questions every day how i can go out from this if type of things happen day in day out. Dave be strong sugest to you they only look it your direction but they talk about stuff what even little dont touches you. I know is only theory. People will be always like that. They will smile if not from us what we anyway mostly sugestion,then from some one else.

sevenroses

Just let them be jerks but don't let it affect you. I mean I went to some hockey game the other day, and I was having trouble finding the seats. I asked random people around and one of them looked annoyed that I couldn't find the seat. He then approached his wife and walked away and started laughing. I just continued off asking other people without feeling bad at all. I didn't let that affect me cause if they want to be jerks then w/e. I know it's easier said than done but don't let them prevent you from opening up. Let yourself win don't let them win ;)

D

deleted user 1

Man you really have my sympathy on this. I have no answers unfortunately, and this is the whole reason I see no point in seeking out any kind of behavioural help and such. if people around you are dragging you back into it it's tough. The only real solution is to learn to let it slide off you, which is easier said than done. I personally am not at the point where I can do that right now, but live in hope, and one day, who knows.