Homemade iontophoresis no longer working

paidinfull

Hi,

I made my iontophoresis device like in the youtube video, using a 12v lantern battery, 2 aluminium pans and alligator clips. I used them for the first couple weeks and was sweat-free for months (rarely doing maintenance treatments). I haven't done any treatments 6 months and started again 10 days ago. i am trying the same steps, and I'm not even feeling a tingling sensation on my palms when I do the treatment like i used to. It's making me nervous that it is not working. I tried buying a new battery and it's still the same. Nothing looks wrong with the alligator clips bur I'll double check when I get home.

Anyone ever encounter a problem like this or know what to do? Is it time to get a more powerful battery?

Also, I don't mind buying new equipment to make another homemade one if someone can point me in the right direction for what to buy, etc. I feel like I need a more powerful battery and start doing longer sessions (20-30 min each polarity)

Thank you!!

Edit: I've been doing some research.. since i already have 2 other batteries (1 may be out of juice), i just bought some alligator clips from ebay and will try to connect 2 of the battieres to try it at 24v.. anybody think this is a good idea or should i continue doing ionto even though i'm not feeling any tingling sensation like i did the first time (when it worked0?

Last edited:

Sprawling

My suggestion is spend a little bit of time reading some recent back posts. It should cover most of what you are asking plus alternatives. You can even use something like this instead of batteries:

http://www.amazon.com/Velleman-Comp...r=8-14&keywords=universal+laptop+power+supply

They make others universal power supplies with variable current for laptops that can be adapted for ionto use. such as this one

Amazon.com: 90W Universal AC Adapter with 7 DC Voltages Output for Laptop PC Variable: Computers & Accessories

paidinfull

Thanks Sprawling.

One question I searched forums all over and could not find an answer for:

Is it safe to assume if I'm not feeling an initial shock or ANYTHING whatsoever during treatment that its not effective? (using 12v battery)

Thuja

Hi,

12 V isn't a big voltage but you should be feeling something, at least some tingling or itching. Before you double your voltage, I suggest trying a couple of things:

1. Try a new cable. Maybe yours has a short in the wire, which would explain why you're not getting any current with the old or new battery. Try a new cable with the new battery and see if you feel the tingle..

2. Get a multimeter. This should cost you $15-20, and it will allow you to test your pans to see what the voltage reading is. If you stick one end in each pan, it should read ~ 12 volts. You can also test the continuity of your wires before using them.

If you double up your voltage but you're using a cable with a short, my concern is that you might get the occasional spike of continuity when you wiggle the cable just right, and that surge from 24 V could be uncomfortable