High School

Crayzorder

I have a problem, and i'll sum it up short.

I can't go to high school. I won't last 4 years, im trying to make an online high school deal workable with my parents, i hope it will, anyway.

But when i think of College i think it would be different, the people wouldn't be complete dicks, and if they were, most others wouldn't care if i reported them (If i reported someone now, oh god, would i be in trouble)

I picture more as the smart type, which I intend to be, who share my interests. Im not super shy, so i could make friends, but the whole problem that is stunting me in high school is mainly the bully issue.

I hate people my age. I want to kill them all so very much. But...wouldn't they change if they went to High School? Wouldn't the retard bullys/pricks not continue to College, if so, why? It's not like half of them are smart anyway!

I don't want to go through with High School social life, i would be happy if i could go to school online and than be social at my swim meets (Yes, i swim.) and eventually when i get a car i will beable to travel more and hopefully get a job. But i won't be able too while suffering in school.

Feel free to discuss/translate/assist with my above thoughts.

Crayzorder

Lydia said:
i understand where your coming from.. im a freshman in highschool But i purposely got expelled so i wouldn't have to be around the immature assholes that attend highschool.. So Now i Do online school.. its such a relief to be out of that environment... But now, i barely have a social life.. haha, kind of a lose lose situation.. Life fucking sucks. :/

But isn't not having a social life better than dealing with assholes half of the day? I would think yes, but you have more experience than I do as of now.

And my social life wouldn't total collapse, because i swim a lot, and i know friends there, not too forget i know quite a few people around my neighborhood i like also. When i get a car, ill definately be going to the gym and public work, so my life won't totally collapse socially.

I did the online school thing for my senior year and it saved my life. It sounds like it would be good for you especially since you are part of a swim team so you can get some sort of social interaction.

I went to regular high school for the frist two years, and like I seriously couldn't take it anymore. It wasn't the bully issue thankfully, which I'm really sorry happens to you. I don't do online school right now because I know that if I did I would probably NEVER leave the house for anything. Not that I really do anyways. I do have absolutely no social life at all, but I didn't really have much of one in the first place anyways.

I go to like some weird school independent study thing. I only go for twice a week. You basically just get all the work and do it at home, but you can ask questions on some stuff if you don't understand it. Then you take a test on whatever you did. For the most part it's pretty easy, and for once in my life I'm not failing everything. There's like a few people there, but I've never talked to any of them before. Just saying a charter school is another option. But whatever you choose, good luck :).

Man just so you know, people are just as immature and stuff in college as they are in highschool. The only difference is basically everybody smokes and there's a lot more drinking.

Other than that people act the same way as in highschool.

Smokeringz

ive only been bullied a few times, i brought spray paint to the school and sprayed a guy in the eyes he didnt bother me after that but then pretty much everyone in the school hated me. Now im doing an outreach program which is pretty cool, I only have to go for like 2 hours then do the rest at home.

Crayzorder

freestylemonster said:
Man just so you know, people are just as immature and stuff in college as they are in highschool. The only difference is basically everybody smokes and there's a lot more drinking.

But does anyone really give a shit about anyone else? They don't go around and spread rumors, pick on people and bully, per se...right?

Helyna

Don't you think you should give it a try? There might be some good people out there, and college people won't be so much better, as someone mentioned.
But if you insist, you can study online or something. Is dual enrollment in a community college possible for you? In my school, you can go to the college for no fee in the second two years of high school. I don't know the details, but it's done fairly regularly.

Neph

i went to an alright high school but the teachers all expected you to work "that smart brain of your" so i had to act dumb and become the silent type, everyone at the school was almost a nerd but there was a handful of morons that went who had some issues and i sometimes got picked on but then i fought back a bit just to let them know i wasnt going to stand for it ex: i threw a text book at one of them, threatened one of them that i will stab them the next day if they wouldnt stop fcking with me. and college right now i keep a low profile

i avoid conflict but as the saying goes it is inevitable, but im trying to stop acting like a coward and start being 100% myself

freestylemonster said:

This is true, but at least in college you don't have to spend 6½ hours a day around them. There really aren't cliques in the classroom either, so I think college is a little bit better than high school.

Crayzorder

TheWall said:
his is true, but at least in college you don't have to spend 6½ hours a day around them. There really aren't cliques in the classroom either, so I think college is a little bit better than high school.

I thank you for this post, i was 'kind of' scared shitless when they mentioned Highschool is near the same as college, now...ugh. I don't even want to think about that.

Neph said:
i went to an alright high school but the teachers all expected you to work "that smart brain of your" so i had to act dumb and become the silent type, everyone at the school was almost a nerd but there was a handful of morons that went who had some issues and i sometimes got picked on but then i fought back a bit just to let them know i wasnt going to stand for it ex: i threw a text book at one of them, threatened one of them that i will stab them the next day if they wouldnt stop fcking with me. and college right now i keep a low profile

i avoid conflict but as the saying goes it is inevitable, but im trying to stop acting like a coward and start being 100% myself

I can't fight back. The people that bully me are
1. Stronger. Trust me...this guy has flattened some of my friends who fought back, no way in hell will i be the next one.
2. Friends. All of them walk around with a group of 4 all together, making it impossible to ever succed in a fight against them.

And not too forget, i go to a Hick school out in the country, and im moresoever a 'city boy,' as they like to call it. So, the majority of the people here i try to get too know but i dislike them, because i plain don't like retarded morons that act and look like hicks.

Patrick123

yeah

Dude, high school sucks! Most of the people I know who enjoyed high school are still working the dead end jobs they found during their Junior years.

I was never bullied, or even made fun of, for that matter, so I might not be able to completely relate, but I say; stick to it and tough it out.

Try to think of it this way: The people who make fun of you are, more than likely, morons and as you are seemingly intelligent, you possess a natural superiority. Let them know that they are morons -seriously! Make fun of them when you get a chance; when they see that you can outwit them, they'll probably lay off. Take solace in the fact that the people who victimize you now will probably lead shitty lives after high school -I can't think of anyone from my high school who leads an enviable life.

Bottom line: High School won't last as long as it feels like it will and it will likely stop effecting you the moment you graduate. You should probably use those four years to learn how to either deal with assholes or become an asshole yourself. When you get out of high school, you'll find that the successful sect of society is comprised of assholes and people who put up with assholes.

ZiggyCosmicJive

When I was in high school (graduated in '07), I could have totally related to you on this. But you say you aren't bad at making friends- something I could never do well at all, that is a great strength of yours. If you can keep decent friends, you can make it through high school. I was a loner, but even I had a friend or two (only one with whom I was ever close enough to see outside school), as well as a couple of acquaintances (aside for the last half of my senior year, when through the luck of the draw, I was friendless in all but one class. I think this is why my SA worsened as I entered college, but that is another story). Anyways, the point is that I survived with a pretty sparse social network. You seem well enough equipped to survive or even thrive in high school, where friends mean everything- I just don't think you see it yet.

And yes, bullying is nearly non-existent in college. Bullying in college isn't tolerated or encouraged by peers nearly as much. Where in high school, bullys might be seen as edgy or cool, in college, people just see them as the jerks they are- and so they die off. Peer pressure isn't as rampant here as in high school, and individuality is more encouraged.

One thing with college however, is that you're starting anew, and you have to make all new friends, which can be hard (especially for commuters like me- I'm at a two year school with no dorms, and all the less opportunity to make friends outside of class). I'm in a social limbo right now with zero friends and my SA has only gotten worse since I graduated high school.

To tell you the truth, I really, really, wish I could rewind to my freshmen year of high school and do it better- like you might be able to. Another observation: the arty/punk types seem to be much more accepting of different types of people than most kids in high school, so maybe that would be a healthy crowd for SA sufferers. I brushed shoulders on occasions with such people, and given a second chance, I would look further into it. Anyways, Basically what you need to do is any and preferably all of the following: join clubs (robotics club was kind of a savior for me), do sports, be individual, MAKE FRIENDS!

And this is so damn true except for the becoming an asshole part:
Patrick123 said:
Bottom line: High School won't last as long as it feels like it will and it will likely stop effecting you the moment you graduate. You should probably use those four years to learn how to either deal with assholes or become an asshole yourself. When you get out of high school, you'll find that the successful sect of society is comprised of assholes and people who put up with assholes.