High School Shyness

louieann34

Are you that shy teen on high school? That you are to shy to make friends with others for you think that they wont like you?!

Can you share your experience here? I also once is a very shy girl that all I do is just set in my chair and just face the board...Couldn't make friends for I am to shy for it....I was a worst shy person you can say..But now, I already improved it.

jmaster

Yes I am very shy... not because I don't try to socially connect with people. It's because people put me down all the time. I don't have any true friends in high school. Everyone is just there and I just follow them. Sometimes I wish I could be like normal people. People call me names sometimes and tell me I must go to Prom or else I am a total loser. Why so much pressure? I cant handle it. I cant defend myself when people say bad things to me. I just accept it. If I could ever boost my confidence, I would be able to speak up and tell them that what they are saying is wrong. But I dont have that kind of confidence right now.

sshygurl924

yup. if there was like an award for the shyest person in my grade i'd definetly get it. I heardly ever talk to anyone unless they talk to me. It's like I'm just...there. i hate going to school every day too. its just so overwhelming and everything. and the worst thing about it is that these are supposed to be the best years of my life. i just hope i improve and that college gets better.

If it wasn't for that fucking school I used to go to years ago, I wouldnt have lost my self-confidence and would have asked the girl I loved to the prom with me. But that fuck-hole destroyed me and I didn't have the confidence i needed to ask her, in fear of being laughed at she went with somebody else. She could have been mine. Now she's "his."

They're all going to die. I will hunt down and kill every last one of them.

Sacrament

paranoid_android said:
louieann34 said:
Are you that shy teen on high school? That you are to shy to make friends with others for you think that they wont like you?!

Can you share your experience here? I also once is a very shy girl that all I do is just set in my chair and just face the board...Couldn't make friends for I am to shy for it....I was a worst shy person you can say..But now, I already improved it.

Let me guess...Essential Oils?! lol

:lol:

jazy

Wedding-Carnage said:
If it wasn't for that fucking school I used to go to years ago, I wouldnt have lost my self-confidence and would have asked the girl I loved to the prom with me. But that fuck-hole destroyed me and I didn't have the confidence i needed to ask her, in fear of being laughed at she went with somebody else. She could have been mine. Now she's "his."

They're all going to die. I will hunt down and kill every last one of them.

Wedding-Carnage, I agree with you 100%. I wish I was back in highschool. so that I could kill all the assholes who fucked with me, and then blow up that fucking shit-hole to kingdom come. :twisted:

rpm2004

I was always the shy kid,the only friend I ever had came and introduced himself to me at the lunch table,in the 11th grade.

xSleepy

wow, i can totally relate to all of you. But thank god im out of school now, i hated it. but really, for most of my high school years i was basically homeschooled. well not really homeschooled but kind of. i still did have to go to school every so often. but anyways...
before i was in this "homeschool" thing i had to deal with all the crap at school. i was extremley shy and kinda afraid of the people at my school. well i went to a school that was mostly made up of kids that other schools wouldnt accept because they were trouble makers. and little nice, shy, quiet me had to deal with them everyday. i didnt talk to anybody there cause i really didnt want to. and i basically tried to be invisible. i HATED talking infront of the class and when i knew i had to do some speach in the next few days, i would be sick to my stomach thinking about it and i wouldnt beable to sleep one bit. so ya, thats how my school years went...horribly

Damn

I dropped out. High school was just overwhelming for me. I didn't want to attract any attention to myself and just felt overly self conscious about everything. Like for example, whereas usually you know you..say.. need to throw something in the garbage. Most people just go throw it in the garbage. I have to contemplate the whole thing for a few minutes. Like look at all the desks to I have to dodge to get there, what if I bump one and make an ass of myself, I don't want everyone watching me, all my movements are so abrupt and jerky (when Im nervous, everythings abrupt and jerky) - everyone will notice and think I walk like a retard, blah blah blah. If someone was around when I was at my locker sometimes it'd take me more than one try to unlock it. I felt uncomfortable just changing positions in my seat :? I always tried to get a seat closest to the door or whichever seat was one where I didn't have to walk infront of the whole class to do things. I couldn't make eye contact with people, the idea of doing speeches or presentations was horrifying. I don't know. It was bad. I felt really ugly too; part of the reason I didn't like people watching or looking at me I guess- I thought they must just be thinking of how ugly I was.
Another thing was I always tried to make sure I knew where my friends would be at lunch, breaks, etc. I didn't want to be caught standing around alone or something, scared everyone would notice and think I was a loser. Sometimes I'd just walk around aimlessly pretending like I knew where I was going lol. Bad, bad times. The whole thing was just nonstop anxiety. Right to the end, literally. Couldn't even stand up and get off the bus without feeling it.

Tryin

I am the shy teen on the high school. I don't like it, it's hard, it hurts and it leaves me confusing, lying to and hurting people, but well, I guess I could take it as an opportunity and a challenge to work on myself and learn to accept my past and stuff.

Sigh.

But, gottseidank, I did never, really, experience hardcore bullying. There were and still are gossips, there was some major names-calling and verbal abuse going on some time ago and generally I have never felt as and felt taken for a part of the collective - but all that seems to be useful for me (though painful at times).

Oh, shut up, Sue.

Love to everyone, and don't let anyone squint you down too much.

millymoocow

yeah i'm very shy in high school. i feel awkward talking, walking, even existing. i never know what to say and i feel like i'm boring. i feel weird even talking to my friends. so, to alot of people, i'm the type of person you only talk to when you've got no one else... :cry:

it's great that you've gotten over it. i was pretty outgoing when i was a kid, but year after year, i got more and more timid. my SP only stared not so long ago, when my confidence and self-esteem hit rock bottom. i hope that everyone who is suffering overcomes their problem soon. :)

Tryin

Damn said:
I dropped out. High school was just overwhelming for me. I didn't want to attract any attention to myself and just felt overly self conscious about everything. Like for example, whereas usually you know you..say.. need to throw something in the garbage. Most people just go throw it in the garbage. I have to contemplate the whole thing for a few minutes. Like look at all the desks to I have to dodge to get there, what if I bump one and make an ass of myself, I don't want everyone watching me, all my movements are so abrupt and jerky (when Im nervous, everythings abrupt and jerky) - everyone will notice and think I walk like a retard, blah blah blah. If someone was around when I was at my locker sometimes it'd take me more than one try to unlock it. I felt uncomfortable just changing positions in my seat :? I always tried to get a seat closest to the door or whichever seat was one where I didn't have to walk infront of the whole class to do things. I couldn't make eye contact with people, the idea of doing speeches or presentations was horrifying. I don't know. It was bad. I felt really ugly too; part of the reason I didn't like people watching or looking at me I guess- I thought they must just be thinking of how ugly I was.
Another thing was I always tried to make sure I knew where my friends would be at lunch, breaks, etc. I didn't want to be caught standing around alone or something, scared everyone would notice and think I was a loser. Sometimes I'd just walk around aimlessly pretending like I knew where I was going lol. Bad, bad times. The whole thing was just nonstop anxiety. Right to the end, literally. Couldn't even stand up and get off the bus without feeling it.

yeah i'm very shy in high school. i feel awkward talking, walking, even existing. i never know what to say and i feel like i'm boring. i feel weird even talking to my friends. so, to alot of people, i'm the type of person you only talk to when you've got no one else... Crying or Very sad

Thank you both for sharing your thoughts. It sounds so much like me, every word.

Oh my god, and before I've come to this site I've always felt like I was the only one feeling this way. I felt so messed-up, so wrong, so loser-ish, so worthless, so disconnected.

Social anxiety is probably one of the biggest today's taboos.