hi

de

hows it going im 22 from ireland although ive havnt been diagnosed with sa im certain i have it i have tried my telling my doctor but always end up bottleing it any way anybody wants to chat message me or something :roll:

de

ive decided to get help im sick of feeling isolated all the time and being alone on my pc on a friday and saturday night so im going to give my gp a list of my symptoms have any of you gotten treatment meds counselling what way did you go about telling your doctor,what did you open with

Seabreeze

De : I have mailed you. You won't regret getting help. It's not like waving a wand but it will stop you sliding any further.
The most wonderful thing that came out of it for me was being able to get on public transport. I would go to bits previously letting bus after bus pass me or just being able to stay on for one or 2 stops. I could not bear to be under any scrutiny. This has not gone away and I still have this in many situations.
Good luck starting on this journey :)

miss_amy

Good luck. Let us know how your intial GP visit goes. I didn't go via my GP for various reasons, I went straight to a private psychologist. It has definitely improved me, rather than cured. I was virtually house bound when I started, now I work and can go out. I still feel the anxiety but its easier and also manage my panics. It's definitly been worth it for me. Its helped me kind of tidy my brain a little and explore and understand why I am like this.