Hi, new guy introduction

Mokkat

Hi everyone on the forum

I've been following this forum for a couple of months, but I haven't had the courage to post here until now :)

I'm a 22 year old guy from Denmark. I've been doing nothing for almost a year now, after I decided to quit my education as an engineer. I spend most of my time in front of the computer, playing games and looking on the internet, and occasionally drinking with my friends or playing with my band.

My former education was ok, but I wasn't fitting in at all with the others (at least in my head, I can be really superficial and feel really bad about it).
I also realized that I had subconsiously chosen it because of my father. He has always told me how much he wanted to study engineering, but couldn't because his dad forced him to be an electrician.

I have no goal in life at the moment. I realized that I've only done ok in school for the sake of pleasing others, not for myself. Im terrible at getting to now new people, especially girls - I've never had a girlfriend. I've spend many years feeling depressed about not having one...

Id like to get a job, but I have bad memories from the couple of jobs I have had previously and just trying to write an application rams my selfconfidence into the ground. Also, the worst thing is writing to the places I really want to work in, because I respect them too much to send them a lousy (at least in my head) application ::(:

The only thing I find joy in is music. I play bass and love playing with my band. We cover old dance and disco tunes, to play at parties - were pretty good at it too :)
Though I like it, SA kinda ruined it for me. Id like to do original songs but I have no initiative and I always critizise myself to the point that I can never see the good in my own skills.

For the last couple of months I've gone to a hypnotherapist for self-awareness sessions, and I've started on Sertraline/Zoloft. It has helped me a good deal, and that's why I have the guts to write on this forum :D

Fairy001

Welcome. I know it is easier said than done, but have some faith. You are young, intelligent and musically talented. At 22, your whole life is ahead of you now, nothing you have or haven't done is going to stop you eventually realising your ambitions.

Peace