Hi new from Minnesota

MBinMN

I've struggled my whole life...always felt I was judged and different/on the outside looking in...a misfit.

I'm married 2nd time, twin boys age 18. I have a full time job working from home as a project manager in IT/telecommunications. I rarely leave home. A lot of acquaintances but no close friends.Facebook addict and its bad especially because I'm very sensitive and take things personally. I get sucked into the drama.
My husband yesterday expressed his frustrations with me that he feels I'm becoming agoraphobic and that my anxiety is getting worse and worse. He wants to get out to social events or just out in general but doesn't dare suggest because of how I am:(
I did go for a walk with him last night but I know I need to push myself to do a lot more and just so terrified :(

Hate how this feels :(

Tamara89

Sorry to hear of your situation. I'm 23 so I haven't been through the same life experiences as you yet but I do suffer just the same. I personally think its best to get rid of any social media communication (apart from this of course!). I deleted my Facebook a year ago because I too am very sensitive and got sucked into drama and worried what I would say or what people thought of me. I think it's been a blessing for me since deleting it. Social media works positively for some people, but not for everyone else. Have you had therapy or have you tried medication?

MBinMN

I'm on wellbutrin.
Therapy off and on since I was 16, hospitalized several times throughout the years.

2 issues to therapy now....#1 I cannot afford it. In durance premium/deductible is 5000.00 so it's I pay 100% up to 5000.00.
#2 I have wonderful intentions when I make therapy appointments but often have anxiety/panic attacks just before I am to go to an appointment and then I cancel...ughhhhh!

I'm hoping on this site to find helpful tips and learn I'm not alone in this world. Perhaps there are others out there with the same thoughts and behaviors as me...

Tamara89

You're definitely not alone, I only learnt this just recently and only now dealing with this through therapy. Sorry I can't offer any advice other than throwing yourself out there into social situations :-S but the thought of that scares me too, but I do want to get to that point. It's good to share your experiences on here with everyone else and just knowing you're not alone. It's helped me a lot.

Sorry to hear of your situation. I'm 23 so I haven't been through the same life experiences as you yet but I do suffer just the same. I personally think its best to get rid of any social media communication (apart from this of course!). I deleted my Facebook a year ago because I too am very sensitive and got sucked into drama and worried what I would say or what people thought of me. I think it's been a blessing for me since deleting it. Social media works positively for some people, but not for everyone else. Have you had therapy or have you tried medication?

That's interesting about Facebook. I think it's like any pseudo social event if that's a word. Perhaps it's not the site itself but the people who you interacted with and there effect on you that is either positive or negative. What if you blocked all the people that caused you stress because of drama and focused on the positive people in your life. Wouldn't this be good practice for real life? I feel like life is too short to waste my time on negative people. I just block them on my FB account. I suppose I use it as a way to connect and make plans to do things in the real world with people. Not a way to escape it the outside world maybe it's the opposite for you?

Tamara89

That's interesting about Facebook. I think it's like any pseudo social event if that's a word. Perhaps it's not the site itself but the people who you interacted with and there effect on you that is either positive or negative. What if you blocked all the people that caused you stress because of drama and focused on the positive people in your life. Wouldn't this be good practice for real life? I feel like life is too short to waste my time on negative people. I just block them on my FB account. I suppose I use it as a way to connect and make plans to do things in the real world with people. Not a way to escape it the outside world maybe it's the opposite for you?

That's the thing, I like to surround myself with positive people and that's what I did on Facebook, but it was me creating dramas in my head that was the problem, I'm too sensitive. For someone like me it simply doesn't work unfortunately. I thought by deleting it I could also see who would still talk to me without it. I feel Facebook can do the opposite and can be antisocial as everyone already knows what you're doing and is up to date with everything about you so it's kind of boring when you go out to see that person when you having nothing new to share. That's just how I feel anyway, I'm sure people on here have positive experiences with it

MBinMN

For me Facebook is my only social outlet it seems. I work from home full time... I have blocked people and then they come back and are PISSED they were blocked. Then gossip happens about me. Then I get sucked into this massive mess. It then even carries over to my husband because they want to know whats wrong with his wife?! Its beyond immature, childish, and ridiculous. Its true I need to back off of Facebook. I really do. We all lived without it before right?