Hi i'm new here,do you do intros?

Angie

Hi i'm 46 n have been agoraphobic 25 years.As a result i have few friends n often feel lonely.

Fredscars

heya :D
welcome to SPW, hope you can find advice, friendship or anything that you need on here, if you cant find it, just ask.

shit, i feel like an aeroplane hostess :roll:

Chilling__Echo

lol fredscarecrow (i want to call you "fred" so bad but i think there is just a "fred" on here). i didn't have the courage to post an intro

MadCat

Hello Angie. I know someone who is agoraphobic and also know how hard it can be.

I've come to accept that I can have friends. For over 10 years I have never had a friend but the last few days I have come to accept I can have friends.

I feel lonely often too, infact alot of people probably do here. Just remember we are all different but all have fears of something in the same way.

We all fear people, social situations and/or ourselves. This here is a great place to learn about yourself and others. While I tend to disagree with alot here I also feel it is helping me be more open about myself.

I'm sorry about talking about myself so miuch :) Supposed to be your intro!

Btw Angie you wouldn't happen to live in the South West of England would you? I think I may know who you are if you do.

Edit: Oops I just checked your profile. Forget the last comment.

George

gets lonely for me too just cant seem to connect with people anymore i feel like this will never end. life is horrible not being able to get out and about,working and stuff. I dont visit people i know anymore i hate drivin while anxious and sitting in a room with more than 1 person drives me nuts.

Hellraising

Wow. 25 years and you still feel lonely? I don't mean to offend you or anything, but for me, after being alone for a few months, I got used to it and I actually come to like it now.

annie

Hellraising said:
Wow. 25 years and you still feel lonely? I don't mean to offend you or anything, but for me, after being alone for a few months, I got used to it and I actually come to like it now.

Hey Hellraising,
Well I don't mean to offend you either, but you say that you have been alone only a few months and you are used to it and liking it. Well lets see how you feel maybe 5, 15, 25 years down the track.
You must be in denial if you like being lonely, no-one likes being alone and sad and to have anxiety on top of it.

annie :wink:

Hello, I'm new here too.

Yeah, I find my list of friends seriously dwindling down after years of social anxiety and agoraphobia. It was okay when I had at least 2 good friends to turn to but now I can't even relax with those friends, I can't be myself. I have alot of aquantinces because I am nauseatingly polite since that is as far as my social skills will take me.

magda74

still-in-my-shell said:
I have alot of aquantinces because I am nauseatingly polite since that is as far as my social skills will take me.

Welcome Still in my shell :)

This is site has been so helpful to me, I hope it's a place you can feel safe opening up and call on us for support.

I've been accused of being 'formal' as well. If i feel awkward around someone, i'll freeze up like a deer in headlights and these automatic responses kick in.

Glad you're here,
Magda

Thanks Magda

It already helps hearing from other people about the things I've been trying not to think about. I do worry that reading about others problems might make me more anxious tho. Kinda crazy I guess...

Vesna

Hi

Hello!
I'm Vesna and I'm a bit younger then you all, I'm 16.
I'm not exactly sure if I have agoraphobia, but I think I do. I'm afraid to go out alone or doing anything alone beacuse I might get a panic attack. And I'm not at the stage where I stay home all the time, but I'm afraid I might get there.
So HI everyone :) :)
I've been dealing with this problem for maybe a year or two.
Vesna