Hi, I finally got up the courage to post

scared_at_home

I have been stuck in my house for the past 5 days and have no idea what to do, I seriously can't get myself to leave.
I have had these feelings before, but always managed to overcome the feelings and leave the house eventually. What should I do? I feel like it is getting worse and harder to leave the longer I am in here....Please help, I am not used to this feeling and I want it to stop! I am in college and I can't let this happen my senior year! :cry:

dottie

you have made it this far in college. i know you don't want to leave the house (most of us here don't want to hehe) but:

winners do what losers won't do

so far, being a senior in college, you have been a winner despite the struggle. i image you have forced yourself to go to school despite not wanting to leave the house on many other occasions. why would you stop now? you are so close to finishing your goal of getting your degree. be excited about it! and proud!

scared_at_home

Thanks for the support! I feel like a lot of this started when I started to realize I could order so much of the things I needed to survive right offline, I don't think that is a helping hand for people with major anxiety as it's easy to rely on :( not that it is an excuse, just an observation on my own situation :roll: like ordering something that I know I can just run down to target and pick up is kind of ridiculous

Eambrausa; how have you made it for 2 years now? Do you work through the internet or something?

Dottie: I have a presentation tomorrow, I am trying to see if my professor will let me turn it in online...we'll see

flojo

scared at home...

hey, 5 days isn't bad! i agree with what everyone else is saying, you haven't lost the fight yet. you've just begun and you're going strong! :oops:

flojo

work-from-home?

i'm always seeing work-from-home type jobs, i'm wondering about how sketchy those are or if anyone has tried it? I think this kind of thing could really help social phobics.

TAMPA-BAY

dottie wrote
winners do what losers won't do

Nice comment dottie I never thought about looking at things that way. It's really an intresting concept. I cant count how many times I ve miss out on things because I had rules that were faulty whiles the other person had no such standards.

I guess what I am trying to say is your others classmates have issues too and they are going to school. Dont worry about feeling discomfert at school because lots of other people feel that way too.

You need to have someone else there to help you out. How about your parents, any college friends you can call over or something?