hi here is my story..am i crazy...yes ?no?

CK23

I feel exactly the same way... I lie on my bed when i'm not at work and i tune in to a radio station or put on my ear phones and listen to a nice, mellow track and imagine myself with an attractive, smart, funny girl or two girls even three and some guys who arent the usual jackasses you meet everyday... and we're sitting at a restaurant, partying, joking around... not judging... speaking out and hearing each other... i cant make up an entire face on my own, of course... it's usually a t.v show character whom i've known for a long time...since i follow t.v shows a lot... i imagine all the characters sitting with me, talking to me and comforting to me... giving me advice.... it all goes on in my head and it brings tears.... i put my elbow over my eyes so no one can see the tears.... i usually do it at night so that no one can have a chance to see... it's just my male ego that makes me hide like this... I can also sometimes imagine someone who was kind to me and then make a conversation with them inside my head.... and imagine them comforting me...

Kathryn

lawl I do that all the time. I'm pretty sure you're not crazy, otherwise we're all doomed I guess...

lyricalliaisons

Lorang said:
but anyways..i also have this other problem...kindof a bad habit that started in high school...i play music and i pace..and while i do this i have conversations in my head...with either people i know, made up people, or people i would like to meet. i dont actually hear voices, its always me talking in my head, somewhat kindof like daydreaming as well. but anyways i can do this for hours on end. i spend so much time doing it too. and sometimes i just have urges to do it, usually when i get excited about things in my daily life. i dont know if i do it because i am pretty lonely or for some other reason. ive read about OCD and was wondering if this could be that?..although its not like i have to do it everyday..but i do spend hours upon hours doing it..

please help with advice/comments if you can
I do that, or something very similar to that, all the time. I also started it in high school. For me, I know I do it way too much, but I also do it because I'm so alone & have no one to talk to, so I just make up people to talk to in my head. It sounds crazy to people who haven't experienced it themselves. For me, it's like daydreaming, only almost continual.

I don't have OCD, just very severe social phobia, so you may not have OCD, either. especially if your SA is really bad.

jiujitsu

Wow, I can't believe all you do this too. I thought I was schizophrenic or something. I pace a lot when I'm anxious and I constantly have imaginary conversations in my head with real or imagined people. I usually imagine myself explaining something that I know to someone. A lot of times I imagine I'm a father and I'm teaching my son or daughter something. Some wisdom I picked up or some trick to doing something easier.

When I, I guess 'wake up', from these imaginings it can feel pretty, uh depressing, sometimes. Like the realization that it's all fake and will never be is like a crushing weight.

grakovsky

Holy crap. Do you "daydream" (I know its not daydream but I can't find a word for it) and invent stories and things like a fantasy that you would like to happen in your own life, and just have those events play through your head with you being the one doing everything? (damn im an awful writer, i hope you get my point)

I usually sit in the shower and spent a ton of time just making things up that would be like my dream life, and just think about it. Whatever, I don't think this is what you guys are talking about but it sounds like they are related.