Hi guys.

DanBabineau

Hey there.

I'm new in town, name's Dan or Daniel. I'm currently 27, almost 28, and have been fiercely shy my entire life. It can get so bad at times that it can even cause brief spurts of depression. Blah.

Anyway, I'm glad to have found this place from a random Google search. Seeing and reading so many posts on here from people who share my problems is strangely comforting and I am glad that, as the image up top says, I am not alone. Looking forward to talking to all of you guys and gals. :)

Last edited:

gummybear22

hey dan, hope this place continues helping you. it's nice to have a place to talk to where people can relate, especially since (at least for me) real life people aren't much of an option in telling stuff to. what stuff do you like to do?

DanBabineau

Yeah, people around me just don't "get" what it's like to be shy. It's frustrating when someone who is totally social and talkative offers me advice and I just sort of blink at them and tell them that they don't get shyness. Which they don't. I guess you can't really grasp something without experiencing it, huh?

What do I like to do? For hobbies and such? The usual guy stuff of gaming, drinking, etc. Cats are an interest of mine... if you can count an animal as a hobby. :p

I really love Formula 1, too. Not really a big sports guy outside of that single form of racing though.

selon

Oh I used to love Formula 1 back in the days when Michael Schumacher and Ferrari ruled the world.. good ol' days!

DanBabineau

Ha, of course. I was a huge Schumacher fan, but even his dominance was getting a little boring. Thank goodness for Fernando Alonso and Renault taking off when they did.

selon

hahaha I couldn't take it... I was so obsessed with him that I actually stopped watching Formula 1 after that ^__^ and he wasn't quite the same with Mercedes! :p

DanBabineau

Oh wow, you were quite the fan then! I've been watching since 1997. My favourite driver retired a good number of years ago now, Olivier Panis. Schumacher was my second all time favourite and now he's gone for good as well. I still have my other favourite, Kimi Raikkonen, so that's good. I like Nico Rosberg a fair bit as well. With 22 personalities on the grid, there's always a driver for someone to throw their support behind. Gotta love diversity. :)