HH and driving...

Mr_Drips

How many of you drive cars? I'm going for my g1 test tomorrow, and I'm kind freaked out about the whole driving thing because it feels like I could easily find my hands slipping off the wheel and maybe even kill myself or someone else..I hope this isn't the case, as driving is an essential part of life it seems. Do you guys have much problems with driving? Maybe if I always keep the window wide open I'll be good? I dunno...

Nack

Banned
I don't have HH so idk, my problems are my SA thoughts; funny enough, our fears are the same.

Soy Sauce

G1? Does that mean you're just going for the written test to get your beginners?

If you have time, maybe order some glycopyrrolate (Avert, Robinol, etc.) or even start Iontophoresis treatments.

Yeah, driving with sweaty hands sucks balls.

I drive everyday and sometimes all day. What I try to do is keep the AC vents blowing on them. This seems to help. There are steering wheel covers that you can purchase that might give you a better grip.

caliber

yeah depends on the steering wheel. the ones with the grips in the back 4 the fingers are good.

drive with 2 hands though.

Ex-HH

unless the steering wheel is glossed wood, it shouldn't matter. Or just get those specially made grips.

IhateHH

Hey i drive everyday and my hands sweat a lot too, if you have a section on the steering wheel where u can place your thumbs or leather steering wheel itle be no problem. If not, don't worry about it cuz you can always wipe off the sweat on your jeans which will make your hands like, dampish stinky. Kinda like spiderman grip :D

Mr_Drips

Yeah, it means I'm going for the written test, soy. I'm pretty sure I'm going to ace it, however, driving is a different story. Perhaps I will purchase a stearing wheel grip.

mmichel07

My only problem with driving was when i was first learning. I have general HH but my hands were not my consern. sweat would get in my eyes and affect my driving. When i got my own car i just used the ac to keep it really cold.

You can always put on some driving gloves if your problem is really bad.

I used to hate driving my car because I would leave sweaty marks all over the steering wheel lol But I got a plain black steering wheel cover that was made of a cotton like material & it's great. :) No one can tell. I also find it helps to point the air vents at 10 & 2 (where your hands are supposed to be). Helps dry them out a bit. Hope that helps you.

Mr_Drips

I used to hate driving my car because I would leave sweaty marks all over the steering wheel lol But I got a plain black steering wheel cover that was made of a cotton like material & it's great. :) No one can tell. I also find it helps to point the air vents at 10 & 2 (where your hands are supposed to be). Helps dry them out a bit. Hope that helps you.

Some good tips here. I'm definitely going to get a soft steering wheel cover aswell, so my sweat doesn't drip off the thing. Haha.

Cheers to everyone.