Hey

Kinetik

I just joined the boards and thought I should say hello before jumping right into some random thread. My name’s Alex, I’m a 22 year old guy from England, now living in Belgium. It’s only recently that I started thinking about why I’m the way I am - why I can’t pick up the phone, answer the door, why I dread having to open the fuel cap on my car or something equally trivial because I just know I’ll fumble it and screw up in full view of other people.

It’s something I never really thought about until now. I always knew I was kind of different, and I always had the vague idea that other people were more social and so much more “together” than me, but now it all really makes sense. I can’t get a job for fear of an interview and I’ve always avoided all kinds of public speaking. In college last year I worked hard in one class all semester, only to fail at the very end because I had to bail on the mandatory presentation.

In any case, I’m glad to have found this place, especially because I’ve subconsciously tried to hide SA all my life – even though I only recently began to really be aware of it. I look forward to talking to all of you.

maggie

Kinetik said:
I just joined the boards and thought I should say hello before jumping right into some random thread. My name’s Alex, I’m a 22 year old guy from England, now living in Belgium. It’s only recently that I started thinking about why I’m the way I am - why I can’t pick up the phone, answer the door, why I dread having to open the fuel cap on my car or something equally trivial because I just know I’ll fumble it and screw up in full view of other people.

It’s something I never really thought about until now. I always knew I was kind of different, and I always had the vague idea that other people were more social and so much more “together” than me, but now it all really makes sense. I can’t get a job for fear of an interview and I’ve always avoided all kinds of public speaking. In college last year I worked hard in one class all semester, only to fail at the very end because I had to bail on the mandatory presentation.

In any case, I’m glad to have found this place, especially because I’ve subconsciously tried to hide SA all my life – even though I only recently began to really be aware of it. I look forward to talking to all of you.
hey Kinetik....welcome!! you sound so much like me...and probably lots of others on this site...like you, i always knew there was a problem with myself and that i was different, but didn't know anyone else felt the way i did...till i found this forum...there's comfort in finding out that, at least, we're not alone in how we feel :)

paranoid_android

Welcome, Kinetik! I felt the same when I found this place. It's like meeting our own specie. We all talk the same language here.

All the best.

maggie

paranoid_android said:
Welcome, Kinetik! I felt the same when I found this place. It's like meeting our own specie. We all talk the same language here.

All the best.
well put :!: