Hey, hi, hello! : )

peachwoozle

I'm 22 and feel like the biggest loser on earth.

I still live with my parents, I don't have 1 friend online or irl, never been in a real relationship, can't drive, don't have a job. I live in a rural area so not being able to drive is horrible. I just stay in my room and try to ignore all my problems by listening to music, playing Sims, or watching Netflix. When I go to take my driving test I start crying and freaking out which obviously makes me fail. Without a license I can't work, I can't go anywhere, I have no life.But even if I could drive I can't even imagine having a job, a social life, a relationship. I know my parents are so disappointed in me.

I have social anxiety and health anxiety. My entire life since I was 14 or 15 has been ruined by this. It has just been getting worse as time goes on. Depression has started in the last year or so. I can't even talk to people online. I go days and days without talking to anyone. I've tried different meds but they did not go well with me. One made me have panic attacks worse than ever before. I cry going to the doctor, freak out going to a store, can't go anywhere without my parents.

Well that's the sad reality of my life.

Louco

Hello, welcome. You are still young, plenty of time to catch up with all those things. :)

Have you tried therapy with a psychologist who specializes in social anxiety and cognitive behavioral therapy? Some of them offer therapy at home, which can help a lot.

AshBash

You're not alone. :) Take it a step at a time. First is first. Find a therapist. Get some medication. Get a job. Ask your family if they can give you ride. Your therapist will help you with all this and guide you towards your goal. Don't worry you're young. You're just starting. Hang in there.:applause:

Last edited:

DeadmanWalking

Welcome to the forum. You're not the biggest loser, promise. I am; I worked hard for that title:giggle:.

But, seriously, things will be okay. As far as driving goes, all you need to do is practice. I flipped out during my driver's license test and I still got by. And, now, I'm a far better driver now than I was in the beginning. I still get scared on the road, but I power through. So, sometimes, just go driving in an abandoned area and travel around. It'll help you get oriented around your town and give you experience. From there, keep practicing until you're ready to get on the road with people.

Don't let your fears control you. You are the one who has the greatest power over yourself. Even if you're scared, just take one step forward. You'll get to where you want to be. John Wayne does say that "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."

Plumeria

I am so sorry you feel this way. I can relate, but I am older. I am also looking for the answer to solve these problems. It is hard to overcome fear, but I think that is where we need to start. Maybe look up tools in order to help overcome fear and try some of those? I hope you find peace of mind and something that helps you. Good luck to you ❤

you're not a loser.

If you had a friend who said all of what you just said to you? What would you say/do/feel? Treat yourself as you would someone who told you that. Be kind.

I'm not a big huggy person but I would like to give you a hug. You're not a loser.

Last edited:

Ads7800

Hey there peachwoozle.

Sucks at the moment and feels hard, I'm sure most of us on here have felt very similar at many times, so you can be sure you aren't alone and we have your back.

I'm 34 and have been living back with my mother since 2010. It can feel frustrating, but my social issues and lack of money means it is just where I have to be for now. Just don't beat yourself up and know that where you're at is temporary and will get easier with time by getting out there step by step.

Easier said than done and feels crap for sure, but we keep doing the best we can as I'm sure you are and will. :thumbup: