hey guys!

striker

It took a whlie to find these support groups. But I have had SA for a long time now.. Think it came around when I was 18. (Now I am 33). I was always shy around girls & groups. Had panic attacks, mainly sweating, twitching & tons of embarrassment.

Interestingly, I had had other symptoms as well lots of fatigue, fuzzy memory, food allergies & body pains.

I went to lots of docs here in the US but I wasnt convinced that they knew what they were talking about. In 2005 things got worse. I was getting increasingly allergic to most foods. I quit my job. Took a long break 2 years not knowing what was wrong with my health.

Between all this, I would go out & party & go out to meet women. As long as I was drunk to an extent (2 beers) the SA didnt bother me. I didnt realise that I had SA at this point. But when I wasnt drunk, the SA would be on. My face would twitch & I would get all nervous etc..

I started exploring Ayurveda, as I couldnt find the answers in western meds. It led to a doc in India who diagnosed me as having Candida. Its a yeast overgrowth in the body.

Reading Ayurveda in depth was a revelation. SA was a response based on the body's state of health. I found Simple methods to contain it so I can function everyday through experimentation, I found 2 things that helped me without side effects
= Running hard
= Applying/Massaging with Sesame oil & Coconut oil (Ayurvedic)

I added Meditation & Learnt Yogic Breathing Techniques (Pranayama)

Now I feel that its a matter of time before I get healthy & the SA will go away.

SA has been a bitch. Its hard to make friends at a new place. But meditation helps dealing with the stress of it.

I have some small goals to add to the list of quick fixes while I continue & wait for my long term fix
- I want to work in retail @ the mall for an hour a day so I can blast SA. Kinda like my own CBT. Not sure How I'll convince the shop owners to let me do this.

striker